Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Willing to Facilitate/Selfishly Looking for Help

Posted by aaroninaustin 
Willing to Facilitate/Selfishly Looking for Help
March 21, 2013 01:16PM
So I noticed that this group is completely dead.

Whats going on here?! Austin should be rocking the 3d printing meet ups.

Obviously I'm trying to get help for myself, but I'm willing to help out however I can. I work at St.Edward's University and can get us some space here and possibly other perks as well (snacks?). Contact me or chime in if you are interested- I'm going to go ahead and post my email address here, but you can PM or whatever you like.

Aaron Montana
aaronm@stedwards.edu
Re: Willing to Facilitate/Selfishly Looking for Help
April 14, 2013 03:40PM
Thanks for breaking the ice. I'm in A-town and wouldn't mind setting up a demo, help organize a buildathon, or print some printer part sets. PM me if anyone's interested.
nod
May 06, 2013 11:42AM
I'm interested in attending a meetup.

I don't have a rep _yet_ but I'm wanting to build one. Is there a regular meetup?
May 09, 2013 05:46PM
Unfortunately I don't think there's any sort of meetup. There's the ATX Hackerspace, but in my experience talking with its members there didn't seem to be much Reprap interest.
August 30, 2013 04:57PM
Every time I talk to the hackerspace guys there doesn't seem to be much interest in anything!

I'd love to get a meetup going.
September 01, 2013 10:48AM
I wouldn't mind taking the ball on getting a meetup together. Does anyone have advice on a better place to promote this? These regional boards are too far buried to get the word out.
October 13, 2013 07:36AM
Well ,
I just stumbled on to this If I dont hear from anyone in the near future
I will try the houston crowd thanks
dave
October 18, 2013 11:45PM
dshel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just stumbled on to this If I dont hear from
> anyone in the near future
> I will try the houston crowd thanks

Hi? Still no RepRap specific meetups in ATX. I'm sufficiently disconnected from the maker community by way of living far south, though I know forum member cfellows is doing some of his builds at the TechShop up in Round Rock.
Ant
February 02, 2014 01:46PM
I just posted a message in the Austin area of this forum, figured I'd post here to let people know (the follow topic thing)
February 03, 2014 06:11PM
I'm based in Cedar Creek (Bastrop County), work in South Austin and I'm interested in getting together to discuss or help each other out. I'm new to this and interested in getting a kit to put together.

If anyone is in the area and wants to get together for coffee or such, let me know.
December 30, 2015 04:13PM
I'm hoping theres someone in or around Austin willing to print me a replacement extruder. I bought a cheap chinese kit and the extruder busted after only two prints, which really serves me right for going for such a cheap build. Anyone around Austin willing to help would be much appreciated! All I need is the MK8 extruder lever. I would also be interested if theres any meetups planned or anything or if anyone wanted to grab a beer.
Thanks,
Nick Steinhauser
December 28, 2016 04:41PM
New to Austin but I've been involved in 3D print and design (mostly Freecad) for a few years. The ATX Hackerspace group sounds interesting but like most hackerspace clubs, a bit too pricey for me. I might drop in on their monthly openhouse, though...

I have a 6 inch MakerFarm Prusa i3. Recently replaced my hot end with the Prusa MkIII.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login