Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap presence at Bristol Model Engineering and Hobbies Exhibition

Posted by Core Storage 
RepRap presence at Bristol Model Engineering and Hobbies Exhibition
July 01, 2014 01:53AM
Is there anybody who would like to join in with a proposed RepRap presence at the Bristol Model Engineering and Hobbies Exhibition
Friday to Sunday 15th to 17th August 2014 at Thornbury,- North of Bristol?

Steamysteve

Hi. Hope you enjoyed the show Paul. I am the Exhibition Manager for the Bristol Model Engineering and Hobbies Exhibition and I am particularly interested in getting some 3D, RP (or is it now called AM?) demonstrations at this year's show. The Thames Valley group organised a section at the Sandown Park event recently and it would be good if the WoE group could do something similar at our event.
I don't know anything about the group yet but I am sure I will do shortly. Are there any regular meetings? If so, where are they held?
I am building 5" gauge railway items including an electric loco at the moment and am particularly interested in learning more about 3D printers, etc. to make parts for it and other projects.
I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help with a presence at this year's exhibition.
Steve.

[forums.reprap.org]

The quote above and more conversation can be found by scrolling down the topic "Great REPRAP Day" elsewhere on this forum see [forums.reprap.org] ending with the current discussions on a meeting to be held soon to discuss what could be done.
This looks like the perfect place to engage an enthusiastic audience.
Anyone else interested?
Re: RepRap presence at Bristol Model Engineering and Hobbies Exhibition
July 09, 2014 11:08AM
This is a repeat of the message on the 'Great REPRAP Day' thread.

Hi y'all,
Thank you all for your interest. The plan is to have a section to display and demonstrate 3D printers (& scanners, if possible) in a '3D Area'. We will provide a few tables, mains power, free refreshments, etc. over the three days. Set-up of the stand will be on Thursday, ready for the crowds arriving at 10.00 on Friday.

I hope to have a 3D Printer supplier as a trade stand who will ideally be adjacent to you RapRep folk. I have attached a leaflet for the exhibition for your info.

I would be happy to meet up with all you who have expressed interest in joining us, plus any others reading this thread. Those of you who have expressed interest so far are: Paul (2D3D), Corestorage (Andrew), Zedsquared (Robin) and possibly Tinkering (?). I am suggesting 3 possible dates for a get-together in a pub in North Bristol - Tuesday 15th July, Thursday 17th July, Tuesday 22nd July - at 7.30pm at the Willy Wicket, Downend - www.vintageinn.co.uk/thewillywicketdownend/ . It is off J1 of the M32, go left and it is on the right at the first roundabout on the Ring Road (A4174). Let me know if you can make it and which dates are NOT suitable. You can contact me by email - stevebirch7@btinternet.com - thanks.
Regards, Steve. smileys with beer
Attachments:
open | download - 2014 A5 Leaflet.jpg (263.1 KB)
July 20, 2014 03:03PM
I am looking to get a printer, and will probably pop to the show so that I can have a chat with owners in the flesh.
July 25, 2014 01:20PM
RepRapPro Ltd will be at the exhibition. We will be exhibiting our RepRap printers, along with a range of items we have printed to show off their capabilities. We also hope to have some of our research and development team on hand to show off what we have been working on recently.

Sally

Sally Bowyer
RepRapPro Ltd
February 28, 2015 10:53AM
If you are going to be attending this year (2015) could you post something up? I may well be there with a radio controlled tank club (Bristol Armoured Division) and have just built a Smartrap, so it would be good to chat to people who have brains I can pick. thumbs up

RobG
August 06, 2015 11:54AM
Hi,

We will be at the Bristol Model Engineering and Hobbies Exhibition again this year. We are also going to be at the Bristol Mini Makerfaire. Further details - [reprappro.com]

Best wishes
Sally
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login