Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking For Local Rappers - Rep, Not The Other Sort...

Posted by tbod 
Looking For Local Rappers - Rep, Not The Other Sort...
May 15, 2012 08:28AM
Hi,

I have been interested in the RepRap project for a couple of years now but finances have meant my interest was purely theoretical., I have a basic knowledge of electronics which includes constructing kits from ETI / Maplin and hacking the Arduino. Additionally I have extensive Unix / Linux / Computer / Coding experience including a lot of C / assembler / low level hardware interfacing.

I am looking to build my own 3D printer but would be interested in meeting up with someone local who already has one and seeing it in action before committing to the purchase - funds are still limited but I estimate I should be able to afford one by Christmas.

I live in North Devon, about 30 miles from Exeter, near Dartmoor and am an adult male.

I realise there is / was a Devon RUG but the forum page suggests it is dead / or dying with no posts for over five months besides mine!

If anyone local to me is interested in helping me take those first baby steps towards designing and printing my first object on my very own printer please contact me.

Regards
tbod
Re: Looking For Local Rappers - Rep, Not The Other Sort...
June 10, 2012 06:34AM
Hi tbod,

Could you get a train and meet us on the 23rd of June?

Sure we will have several on the go in various states of working for you to see, as well as plenty of advice, tips and pointers, you many even get luck and bag a mentor smiling smiley possibly even some parts free or charge or very nearly.

See [forums.reprap.org]

I live in Cheltenham, happy to offer a lift from any reasonable train station

Rob
Re: Looking For Local Rappers - Rep, Not The Other Sort...
June 21, 2012 04:11AM
Hi Tbod,

Check the other thread, potential meeting in July down at Exeter, someone from "up north" will be passing smiling smiley

Rob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login