Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with ATmega1280 and RAMPS 1.4

Posted by misan 
Trouble with ATmega1280 and RAMPS 1.4
September 29, 2011 04:51PM
I've finished soldering my RAMPS 1.4 board and now I'm trying to test everything is ok. I'm powering the 5A input with a 12V power supply and just trying with X-axis (with a jumper in the x-axis end-stop) and an stepper connected to the X-axis pololu.

My first surprise was that power led is not lit in RAMPS board when powered up. Next I realized it is connected to Arduino's pin 13. If I run Blink example then it flashes happily (I was not expecting this though).

Next I downloaded Sprinter from github, compile it specifying the Mega board I have (1280 instead of the more popular 2560). I'm using Arduino 022.

It seems like the pins are not correct for this combination.

Power led flashes every time I connect from RepSnapper. Manual controls cause nothing significant result (no stepper motion at all).

It seems like there is a mismatch in the output pins. But as this is my first RAMPS experience I am a bit lost.

Are the any suggestion I should try (before just writing my own test Arduino scripts).

Thanks a lot,

misan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 08:55AM by misan.
Re: Trouble with ATmega1280 and RAMPS 1.4
September 30, 2011 10:33AM
Almost fixed. Two defective StepSticks made me think nothing was working. Once I diagnosed them all the rest seem to be working nicely.

misan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login