Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New To Ramps, did I do it right? Perhaps these photos can help the wiki?

Posted by L4nce0 
New To Ramps, did I do it right? Perhaps these photos can help the wiki?
August 12, 2011 03:39AM
Hey guys, I've been trolling the IRC so I think I've done it all pretty well. Though I think the best way to describe the instructions ( least the later parts) wiki page as a collection of half thoughts. "Solder to a x mm housing... " Is like saying "walk to the store for.." when I'm done I hope to contribute to the wiki a bit. Specifically MORE PHOTOS, and perhaps a bit of rewording (current writing is a poor sample, just finished a 13 hour shift). I took some pics with my SLR, you all can tell me if they are good, if so, I'll contribute them. Visual people like me Have to have photos for every step. I'm a programmer, I've never done surface soldering before winking smiley Least now I can!

[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]

(there are none with it attached)
[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]
[img.photobucket.com]

(maybe redo later)
[img.photobucket.com]

Oh and don't forget to take a break from nerding out and go hiking!

Re: New To Ramps, did I do it right? Perhaps these photos can help the wiki?
August 12, 2011 12:29PM
I'm just waiting for parts to get building so great!thumbs up

I'm no photographer but you might get better results with a smaller aperture as everything will be in focus, however with a longer exposure so you might need to rest the camera (or use a tripod). I love my digi SLR and it's worth playing off 'auto' and get into Macro etc.

It will serve you well for asking for diagnosis later with small printed pieces.

Andrew

Based in Slough, United Kingdom
August 12, 2011 12:34PM
hah yeah far from professional, but at the same time I'm not exactly able to buy a 300 dollar macro lens. More of, there isn't a single photo and these aren't that bad, maybe it can help, sorta thing. These were taken in Macro mode actually, 18-55mm lens.
August 12, 2011 12:51PM
Don't get me wrong I'll be using them if they were in sepia on a Kodak Brownie from 1950!

Often don't need expensive macro lenses (I've got a £3 second hand lens as Minolta fit Sony) often max zoom will work (all mine does in lock at max 75mm zoom).

I thought I'd mention it before you assemble and I doubt you'll want to take it apart! I'll try some shots if my 1.4 & steps when they arrive, you can pick holes in my photography then grinning smiley

Andrew

Based in Slough, United Kingdom
August 12, 2011 09:19PM
I'll admit I'm a bit confused =) I think the photos look pretty good. What / why would I take something apart?

Well no one has replied saying "no you idiot!!1!" So I added one of the photos the the Wiki. if it's wrong PLEASE fix the wiki winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2011 09:34PM by L4nce0.
August 12, 2011 11:50PM
L4nce0 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll admit I'm a bit confused =) I think the
> photos look pretty good. What / why would I take
> something apart?
>
> Well no one has replied saying "no you idiot!!1!"
> So I added one of the photos the the Wiki. if it's
> wrong PLEASE fix the wiki winking smiley

Photos are good, I was just offering a bit of information that would help keep the whole frame in focus.

I mentioned it quickly in case you thought "good idea, I'll take some more", that would be a pain/impossible if you had just fitted it all to your printer.

No one will call you an idiot because your not, just doing EXACTLY what is needed and putting photos up.

There is nothing to 'fix' I might try another photo when mine arrives.

I think you have taken me trying to offer a suggestion as some sort of insult, it was not
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login