Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDRamps

Posted by martijnr17 
SDRamps
August 09, 2011 02:03PM
I have bought the sdramps diy kit.
Can somebody tell me how to connect it to the ramps board?
Can is connect it tot ext3? I also have seen a picture when it was connected to ext4?
I use rapsnapper on windows r351 Windows x86 how to set it up to use the sd card?

There is very little documentation about de sdramps or can somebody give a link?

Kind regards,
Martijn
amk
Re: SDRamps
August 09, 2011 03:16PM
Martijn,

Is it Kliment's sdramps? if so then the stuff here may help.

The sd card g-codes are on the wiki here.

Alan
August 10, 2011 12:33AM
It's indeed de kliment sdramps.
Maybe I have to wait a little bit more, I have my raprap just a week and everything is new for me.
If I understand it right I can enter gcode in Repsnapper and send it.
I can upload the gcode file by a usb reader or directly(usb reader is easier I think) and send the load and start codes to start printing and can turn the computer of.
The only thing I have todo is putting a extra diode on the board so it is powered when the computer is disconnected.
Its the diode on de picture below, between de 1st en 2nd stepper driver?
[ultimachine.com]

Thank you for your help.
August 10, 2011 02:57PM
I have created a wiki page on the SD Ramps [reprap.org].

It's not finished yet, but I have come a long way. Any assistance is appreciated smiling smiley

reprapworld.com
PLA, ABS, PETG multiple colors (3 and 1.75 mm) €16,49 / kg
Megatronics 3.0 €79.99 / Minitronics €37,19
August 10, 2011 03:02PM
Well done great have the wiki backup for documentation!

Andrew

Based in Slough, United Kingdom
September 16, 2011 04:13AM
Would anyone (brubje?) be able to post a pic of a ramps 1.2 board with an sd module (either kliment or arduino) wired in?

I'm a little confused by the few pics available - it seems that I would need to add some headers to the right hand side of the ramps 1.2 shield but unless i need to desolder parts of the shield I only have room for a single row of headers on the board. (23,25,27 ...53.)

If I understand correctly the sd needs to be wired to the spare pins on the mega below - the sprinter firware seems to indicate pins 20,21,50,51,52,53 could i wire to 20,21,47,49,51,53 and adjust the firmware?

Appreciate any advice - not even sure I'm asking the right questions :-)
September 16, 2011 05:28AM
The answer to your questions are in the [forums.reprap.org].

The quick answer is that it will be slower if you use other pins since it can only do SPI in the specified pins. For RAMPS 1.2, you have to change the Aux connector that you mentioned to pass-through connectors.
September 17, 2011 10:00AM
Thanks brnrd, hadn't found my way to that series of posts. Seems to have all the answers - looks like a little more work than I thought though.

Really appreciate the link :-)
September 17, 2011 10:37AM
The easy way is to buy SDRAMPS. Ultimachine sells them and so does Kliment if you contact him in IRC. Replacing the aux connector in RAMPS 1.2 is not hard even with a soldering iron, solder sucker and some solder wick. But if you don't have the soldering skills, you might want to just buy 1.3 or later and sell your 1.2.

Note that the biggest advantage to having a microSD card is that you can print even if your Mendel is disconnected from the computer. Once you send the print from SD command, you can either turn off or disconnect your computer. For this, you need to install the diode in RAMPS. But the transfer speed from the computer to the SD card is so slow that you'll want to copy the g-code files directly into the microSD card while plugged into your computer, and then plug the microSD into the SDRAMPS. It's a little inconvenient so I only use it for long prints.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login