Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.3 + Kliment's Sprinter first start

Posted by Mecano 
Ramps 1.3 + Kliment's Sprinter first start
June 24, 2011 06:56PM
Hello, I have a problem wiring stepmotors in RAMPS 1.3. The stepmotor is Kysan 42BYGH4803-04, it has four leads Blue, Green ,Red and Yellow, the firmware is kliment's Sprinter. I'm not sure how to wiring the four leads.

I've tried only one motor on the RAMPS+Arduino MEGA board, I connected it to the Z axis. I haven't wired the mechanicals endstops or thermistors or hot-end resistant. I want to try only the stepermotor's wiring:

First I put the leads from left to right: Red, Green, Yellow and Blue, I have connected the USB port and the Power supply. The stepmotor starts to do littles vibrations without moving. I was unsure and turned the power off.

Second I do exactly the same but the wires in the following order: Blue, Yellow, Red and Green. The result looked like the previous.

Could someone help me?
Re: Ramps 1.3 + Kliment's Sprinter first start
June 24, 2011 07:12PM
Either of those should have worked. According to the specs, Red and Green drives one coil and Blue and Yellow drives the other one. If it's vibrating as soon as you turn the power on, perhaps the trimpot is set too high. Try turning it 90 counter clockwise before turning the power on.
June 25, 2011 02:31AM
Did you install the jumpers under the stepper driver boards?
June 25, 2011 05:14AM
Thank you brnrd, yes these are the specs, Red and Green are one coil and yellow and Blue the other, but I don't understand how can work both because the leads of Red-Green coil are reversed.

I've turned down the trimpot and I'm going to try.

Yes Dabble I've installed the jumpers, thanks.

How many revolutions can turn the trimpot? only one?
June 25, 2011 08:59AM
I think the trimpot doesn't have a stop but it goes through the full range in one turn. I meant to turn it 90 degrees counterclockwise.
June 26, 2011 04:39AM
Ok, I did it, 90 degrees.
On the other hand I have figured out that I have a problem with pins assignements in the firmware. I will look at all
June 27, 2011 01:22PM
Mecano,

Under the pins.h file, you have to un-comment the line for RAMPS V1.3 - I found this out a while ago... Maybe that's your problem?
Actually, in the latest version you only need to set the version in configuration.h Pin assignments should automagically be correct.
August 24, 2011 05:42PM
hi all,
Just wondering how Mecano got on here? Has the problem been resolved?
I'm looking for a "sanguinololu 1.3 kit" but finding it dificult to source. Ramps/Sprinter seems to be more available option but comes in at a higher cost
August 28, 2011 07:44AM
I only had a pin assignement problem, with the new Sprinter's firmware is easier to configure it. The problem was solved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login