Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dangers of too high voltage driver?

Posted by matheustorres 
Dangers of too high voltage driver?
January 09, 2018 03:07PM
When I started tuning the drv8825, I was going for about 0.8V, but one of the drivers there was something wrong with the potentiometer, because when I had a reading of 0.3V and turned half a milimiter it went up to 1.5V (really) and after a very long time I got to about 0.82V, my worries is, when I start printing, because of the vibrations the screw is probably going to make the potentiometer change its voltage a bit, and because it is so sensible it may go up too high, is there any danger on a too high voltage drv? What could happen?
Re: Dangers of too high voltage driver?
January 10, 2018 03:38AM
The driver would get very hot and probably go into thermal protection mode. That means it would stop working until it cools down. The print is ruined then.
You could use WD40 to clean the potmeter or just turn it back and forth a few times while the printer is off.
January 10, 2018 06:50AM
But as far as I know, WD40 would just lubricate the screw and it would turn more easely, but my problem is that it is too sensible
January 10, 2018 08:44AM
WD40 also contains mild acid like a contact spray. If you have contact spray, try that first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login