Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

discount smart controller. adding commands.

Posted by headsmess 
discount smart controller. adding commands.
September 07, 2017 12:31AM
hello!

i have a tarantula running ramps 1.4 and the reprap discount controller.

so far figured out how to get the encoder to work the right way...for some reason arduino wont display pins.h (its there in the list but the tab of files from the actual arduino menu doesnt go that far? i click the arrow to open up the sidebar and it stretches further than my screen will allow... rather annoying!) so i have to open it up in notepad and do a "find" to modify... grrr! and something i noticed from earlier was i have to run an old version of arduino or i get compilation errors...

anyway... all that is beside the point!

i would like a bit more functionality from the controller...

such as being able to control the extruder and move the Z axis without connecting to the PC like i have to at the moment. the controller lets me home Z, but otherwise i have no control over those two axes. when changing filament and nozzles, etc, it would be a handy feature...

also, as i am currently trying to print with wax, i would like a preheat for the wax filament in there somewhere, as well as the current abs and pla.

so, exactly where do i look, and how would i go about doing this?

(though, the way its looking, im going to be better sticking with abs and just blasting the stuff out with acetone and copious amounts of heat! this wax is hard with a bowden!

i might give up and try it out on the direct extruder mendel soon. it may be crap but at least it doesnt chew super soft filament up...)
Re: discount smart controller. adding commands.
September 07, 2017 06:19AM
"i have to run an old version of arduino or i get compilation errors"

then your also running very old firmware, and some of what you want is probably already there in the new version...

I can for eg move any axis with my lcd...

take a look in ultralcd.cpp lcd_preheat_m1_menu() for eg
and lcd_prepare_menu() for defining menu structure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 06:20AM by Dust.
September 12, 2017 09:20AM
howdy.

and cheers.

regarding this error... from the marlin supplied with the tarantula, heres what it says when i try the latest version of arduino

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
In file included from sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from sketch\cardreader.h:8,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:44:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\program files\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: 'fpos_t' has a previous declaration here

__extension__ typedef long long fpos_t;

^

exit status 1
using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

but this never happens with older arduino...so, no idea! all gobbledy gook to me.

i have had the latest version of marlin at some point, pretty sure i get the same message as well. i better go download it again and have another go.

anyway, all else fails, i can just go back to older arduino and upload from there. just seems stupid that the error pops up on the latest version(s).

ah well! i will go have a look see at the files you have referred me to, i may have better luck with that one...
September 12, 2017 10:02AM
right! marlin 1.1. um...5? downloaded and unzipped.
looking good so far, i recall seeing that option to reverse the encoder in configuration.h before!

enabling all axes is new...

compiled...no errors...very promising.

uploading...waiting...waiting...

dammit! different com port to yesterday!

ok, uploading...waiting...waiting...

wooo hooo!

thanks!

oooh, i have inverted homing switches.

right. its working!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login