Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino 2560 RAMPS with Tonokip Firmware

Posted by CidVilas 
Arduino 2560 RAMPS with Tonokip Firmware
March 04, 2011 03:29PM
So my current electronic setup is Arduino MEGA 2560 with RAMPS (Probably V1) and Tonokip Firmware. I am wondering if anyone else experiances any connection problems with this. To connect to it using Repsnapper i must first apply the 12V supply and then connect the USB cable. If i upload a new firmware, i must again remove power and disconnect the USB cable and run through the power first then usb procedure. It seems as though the board or USB-to-Serial chips are getting locked up. When i click connect RepSnapper connects, the stepper enable and disable after a few seconds, and then RepSnapper disconnects. Is this a known issue, or am i seeing some pretty odd behavior?

I'd like to simply press the reset button and try again instead of having to cycle power and reseat connectors. Anyone else?
VDX
Re: Arduino 2560 RAMPS with Tonokip Firmware
March 04, 2011 05:17PM
... i have similar problems when powering USB-devices with different power sources - this could be an issue with grounding the PS'es and USB-cable shields over the line to the PC ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 04, 2011 09:38PM
The diode on the RAMPS board provides power to the Arduino from the RAMPS power supply.

If you remove the diode, you will find that you should eliminate the need to disconnect the power from RAMPS.

That said, it may be that your USB port isn't providing enough power when it is initially connected.

Have you tried not powering the RAMPS board at all, plugging in the USB cable, and then firing up RepSnapper? You won't be able to move the motors, but the thermistor inputs should work, so you should be able to monitor the temp. If this works, removal of the diode may work for you.

Note: If you later add some sort of storage like an SD card, the Arduino will need it's own power supply, as you won't have it powered by the USB any more. I know someone was looking at making an SD card interface for RAMPS, so I thought it best to mention it.
September 17, 2011 03:58PM
plsss help

cant connect to rapsnapper the led in blinking 3 times and them disconnected

what does it means ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login