Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fried AUX-12V on ramps 1.4

Posted by Bassemmichel 
Fried AUX-12V on ramps 1.4
March 08, 2017 10:04PM
My printer was working fine. I had the extruder fan connected to aux 12v. I disconnected the fan mid print and commected it in the other orientation. Since then my X-axis only moves in one direction. Do you have any idea what might be fried to i can replace it? Thank you so much!
Re: Fried AUX-12V on ramps 1.4
March 09, 2017 01:49AM
The 12V-Aux pin header is very near the X stepper driver, so may be something got shorted or mechanically damaged when you manipulated the fan connector. Try switching the X stepper driver with another one and see if the problem persists.

In any case, before that I'd also check the proper functioning of your endstops with M119, as this is in general the most likely reason for axis only moving in one direction...
March 09, 2017 01:49AM
I'd start with replacing the driver. If the problem still occurs, it might be a burnt trace on Ramps.
March 09, 2017 03:55AM
I tried shifting the driver to the Y-axis socket and the motor also. So that way when i move the Y-axis from the software, its the X-axis that moves. Everything worked fine. Which means the driver and the stepper did not get damaged. I also disconnected the X-axis endstop, still it didn't make a diffrence, it moves in only one direction. I tried pressing on the endstop with my finger, the x-axis did not move at all. Which means the endstop works just fine. I am really frustrated
March 10, 2017 02:38AM
Be glad that oopsy didn't happen with an expensive board.

If you don't need the 2nd extruder port, you can edit the pins.h file and reroute the X-axis to the E1 port.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 02:40AM by o_lampe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login