Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delay on y axis when performing diagonal movements

Posted by Jmtech 
Delay on y axis when performing diagonal movements
February 10, 2017 06:28PM
Hi. I have an issue where my prints keep failing. I tried printing a cube but it printed ok 'theve was a strange wave in one of the sides. But was consistent on all sides.

I decided to print it diagonally after noticing stramge behaviour with a raft.

Looking down at the printer the raft moves diagonally up and right. Then moves up a little then return in parrallel. But it doesnt. It moves ul. Then back down. Then diagonal down and left. Almost down the exact same path. At the other end it behaves as it should.

I printed the cube diagonally. And theres some sort of issue. On every layer. Theres almost like a missing right angle.

See pictures for more info.

On the raft. Its like the y axis sets back off first.

Its not the firmware settings i dont think. As the printer was originally a da vinci. And the issue happened then. So o tore it apart and installed ramps.
Issue still there. But not sure how to troubleshoot further.

You can see in the last pic on the left where there is the internal right angle. Also the right corver is curved. This doesnt happen when the cube is printed in line with x and y (no diagonal printing)

Sometimes my x axis feels a little stiff. And needs lubricating or my layers mis align. But doubt its that because its so precise. The only thing i can think of next is replacing the x amd y steppers.

Im all ears for any possible suggestions?

Cheers

J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login