Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recently upgraded! Now having trouble with my Auto Bed Leveling.

Posted by Draytology 
Recently upgraded! Now having trouble with my Auto Bed Leveling.
February 07, 2017 07:03PM
I recently made some upgrades to my printer. I upgraded the lead screws and motors. I am very happy with the results! Might sound excessive but I think I increased my potential prints speeds by about 8X! I aiming to be one of the fastest non belt driven printers grinning smiley. Sadly I haven't been able to really open it up because I am having a frustrating and confusing problem I cannot figure out. I didn't change much in the configuration after the upgrades but for some reason when the auto bed leveling starts the X and Y (mostly X) shoots forward real fast and take a measurement and then slows down to normal probing speeds and finishes. But, by that time everything is messed up because I watch the next reading and it will say it is at x0 and y0 but its about 50mm past that. So, it completely throws off everything. I cannot figure it out. If anyone has any ideas or advice please let me know.
Re: Recently upgraded! Now having trouble with my Auto Bed Leveling.
February 07, 2017 07:12PM
It is both X and Y they move forward about 50 mm and then take the remaining readings as if they started at 0. I seem to be having a lot of other strange problems, my Z just slammed into the bed, not sure what happened I wasn't watching. It could have been because of the X and Y issue that caused the probe to be past the bed. I only changed some speed settings and steps/mm. Everything was dialed in before the upgrade..

*When I manually put g29 into the command window it goes through the auto bed leveling routine just fine*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2017 07:14PM by Draytology.
February 07, 2017 07:41PM
One cool thing other than the MAJOR boost in speed/performance is my Mega/Ramps seems to be able to handle this new setup much better. I'm guessing becuase I went from 4000+ steps per mm on X and Y down to 800! I am testing at speeds way past max speed for my former set up. I havent yet been able to really see what it's capable of but 60mm/s looks to be within reach.
February 08, 2017 02:54AM
Maybe you should send a " G1 F1000 " before you start ABL, that way the first probe point is done slow.
If that doesn't help try G0 F1000. That's the travel speed setting.
Maybe there is an issue with too high default settings in FW regarding travel speed?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login