Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.4 Project - Is anyone working on updates?

Posted by manboy 
RAMPS 1.4 Project - Is anyone working on updates?
February 04, 2017 12:12PM
It's been about six years since the RAMPS 1.4 standard was released. It's been three years since RAMPS 1.4.2 was released which seems to have never been adopted by anyone beyond GermanRepRap. So are there any groups actually working on updates to the board design? The wiki claims the project is active but it's just been so many years since the last revision.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2017 10:06PM by manboy.
Re: RAMPS 1.4 Project - Is anyone working on updates?
February 05, 2017 02:22PM
If so...I would like to have it extended to 3 extruders :-)

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
March 02, 2017 12:57AM
I just posted a thread about 1.4.2 and the Q3 mosfet (which has a habit of burning out). If anyone is working on updates, I'd love the next version to reliably handle significantly more power at D8 - D10.

It's strange to me that this Q3 mosfet thing is so well-known, as is the fix for it (the upgraded part numbers are in the wiki), but the manufacturers are still making the six year old design. I would guess that this isn't the only such issue, it's just the one I happen to be familiar with. Anyone else have suggestions for a new version?
March 04, 2017 08:08PM
James2017
I just posted a thread about 1.4.2 and the Q3 mosfet (which has a habit of burning out). If anyone is working on updates, I'd love the next version to reliably handle significantly more power at D8 - D10.

It's strange to me that this Q3 mosfet thing is so well-known, as is the fix for it (the upgraded part numbers are in the wiki), but the manufacturers are still making the six year old design. I would guess that this isn't the only such issue, it's just the one I happen to be familiar with. Anyone else have suggestions for a new version?
I've pretty sure the project has been abandoned. A common suggestion is to replace the polyfuses with blade fuses and to switch out the terminal blocks with ones that can handle higher current.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login