Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So I had to rewire ramps and now Homing Issues

Posted by pringleman 
So I had to rewire ramps and now Homing Issues
January 13, 2017 09:16AM
Hi guys,

Chronic printing issues caused me to have replace the stepper feet on my cherry Pi Delta printer which were crumbling apart, this called for the electronics to be pulled apart and so I've rewired like i think it should be.

The bed heats up
The extruder heats up

and most steppers "at least" seem to work, BUT trying to "home" in repeiter does not work as it should do.

I can move the motors up down left right, but it also seems they're not moving in the right direction all the time. When Homing correctly, all three axis move up at the same time but currently only the X arm is trying to home causing the rods to pop out as they do when you move out of the print area.

I can't seem to find any documentation or leads on this issue so I come to the forums to see if someone else has encountered this. My next step will be to buy a new ramps/arduino and start fresh which I hope I don't have to.

Thanks very much!
James

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2017 09:42AM by pringleman.
Re: So I had to rewire ramps and now Homing Issues
January 14, 2017 03:36AM
It sounds as though the Y and Z endstop switches are not connected correctly, which makes it appear that the Y and Z towers are already homed. You can use the M119 command to see whether the firmware thinks the switches are triggered.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login