Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X Motor connection not working

Posted by Ynothna 
X Motor connection not working
January 13, 2017 01:01AM
Hey everyone!

I've just finished building my first printer, the FLSUN Prusa i3 with RAMPS 1.4 and have run into an issue at the very end...

The connection on the board for the X motor does not seem to work at all, the motor doesn't even try to move, but when I check the resistance in the pins everything seems normal. When I swap motors around they all work, just none of them work on the X motor pins, so it's definitely something with the board.

I tried both Marlin 1.1 RC7 and RC8, no difference.

I found a test code and ran that, everything works but the X motor. There are LEDs on the board that light up, and there was mention that there should be 4 of them, but only three light up in sequence on mine, skipping the second one.

So far that skipped light is the only "error code" of any kind I've been able to find, though I don't know enough to figure out what it means.

Any help would be hugely appreciated! I will probably be picking up a replacement board tomorrow but if if there is anything I could try on this one that would be great.

Thanks!
Re: X Motor connection not working
January 13, 2017 02:03AM
Have you also tried swapping the stepper drivers instead of the motors? May be it's just the X stepper driver which does not work properly...
Re: X Motor connection not working
January 13, 2017 02:06AM
enif
Have you also tried swapping the stepper drivers instead of the motors? May be it's just the X stepper driver which does not work properly...

I've been skyping with the engineer from the company I bought it from and that was exactly the problem, I didn't realize what the stepper drivers were and the one for the X motor was in the E1 stepper connection. After moving it the X motor is working fine.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login