Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z and E moves for lcd controllers

Posted by headsmess 
Z and E moves for lcd controllers
January 10, 2017 11:36PM
hallo!

wasnt exactly sure where to stick this post, but anyways...seeing as i am using a board that is "technically" RAMPS... i stuck it here!

i just got a tarantula (tevo) had an issue with the board, MKS base 1.4, and replaced with a MKS base 1.5.

having figured out a few little niggly points, such as the latest marlin RC not liking arduino IDE lower than...1.6.* (i think it said) and the original marlin for the tarantula not compiling on any IDE newer than 1.0.*( i think...at least i have had to swap between the two IDE's a few times now!) and having to flip the EXP1&2 plugs over to get the LCD controller to work (reprap discount smart controller)

anyways! now i have it all working happily on the latest marlinRC running the latest IDE.

i found in the marlin (rc) config the option to add separate axis homing. did that. great!

but what sort of annoys me is that on both the old board and the new board, there does not seem to be any other axis moves beside X and Y. it would be really nice to be able to move the Z and sometimes, E from the controller rather than having to open up the host everytime i want to change filament or fiddle with the hotend etc.... (which currently is pretty often!)

is there any way to add such moves, and if so...where do i start?!

i guess i could look deep into the marlin files and find exactly where the X and Y moving feature originates from and chop that up, but i am sure someone somewhere has already implemented such a feature!
Re: Z and E moves for lcd controllers
January 11, 2017 01:18AM
I don't use the latest version of Marlin, but on my controler I can well move the Z and E axis, but only for the smaller step sizes 1mm and 0.1mm. I think that it is reasonable the prevent "giant" steps on Z and E.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login