Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Discount Controller 2004 Back light not working

Posted by clariongrade 
Discount Controller 2004 Back light not working
December 26, 2016 12:15PM
Hi

I have has a Chinese I3 Clone for about six months.

Everything was fine until I extinguished the fire on the main connector, which I believe is a common problem with this board, so I decided to replace it with a Arduino/Ramps setup.

I have a problem. Despite the fact that the controller display works on the burnt boar when powered from the USB, i.e. it is working fine, I cannot get it to light from the Ramps board.

I presume it is something simple I am missing.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks
Re: Discount Controller 2004 Back light not working
December 27, 2016 03:28AM
Might it be that your Ramps connectors need to be turned by 180 degrees? There are two possibilities to mount the connectors on the RAMPS adapter and the Controller, unfortunately not all adapters and boards are soldered the same way around. So sometimes it is needed to plug in the cable "the other way". As there is a "nose" on one side of the connector, you either need to cut away the nose or (better) to gently lift (I use a knife) the plastic shell from the adapter board, turn it and put it back over the soldered pins.

Here photos from the two versions, note the cutouts are outside on the left photo and inside on the right photo:

Before switching the direction, however, I suggest that you should check the pinout on both sides of the cable (i.e. by locating the ground pin) to be sure which position of the connector is the correct one for you.
Re: Discount Controller 2004 Back light not working
December 27, 2016 03:45PM
Is it just the back light that is not working? Can you see that there is text displayed on the LCD but it is just not back lit? If so, have you tried adjusting the contrast on the rear of the LCD board? The voltages may be different between the two boards which may be why you would have to adjust it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2016 03:46PM by jhelmstetter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login