Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Silent idle possible?

Posted by Veesta 
Silent idle possible?
December 17, 2016 07:44PM
Hi there,

I'm looking at the possibility to configure/modify Marlin to somehow give signal to some 5V pin, (Turn pin high?) that i can use to control either 5V or 12V fans.
It is simple electronics once you get the signal to turn ON or OFF.

So, is there a "Silent idle" possibility in the Marlin Firmware?

What i'd like to do is to turn off extruder fan and electronics fan WHEN bed AND extruder are LESS THAN 40°C (Or close to preset room temperature)
When printer is in idle, it does not need to be cooled after it cools down enough. Heating and all is turned off anyway, but them fans still make noise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2016 07:45PM by Veesta.
Re: Silent idle possible?
December 19, 2016 12:58PM
AFAIK, there is no thermostatic fan control in Marlin. You could always get the source code and add it in. smiling smiley
December 20, 2016 06:09AM
If only i were a programmer grinning smiley

Maybe i can do it?
Is the temperature information available in the system like in a variable, so i can check it, compare the values and then turn ON some pin?
VDX
December 20, 2016 09:47AM
... you can change the firmware for this - I've modified Marlin4Due for different temperature and watchdog behaviour, and added some new M-codes to get special I/O-handling for our driver boards, without interfering with the old style.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login