Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whatelse i can do with ramps 1.4?

Posted by crazy_thiago 
Whatelse i can do with ramps 1.4?
November 08, 2016 10:06AM
So i got my old prusa mendel i2 with ramps 1.4 sitting here, and i wonder What else i can do with it? I got a better printer and its gettin dust I already have a dremmel turning intro a router would be perfect but the software is kinda very hard to set up with any good software suggestions?
The thing is i dont want to spend much to make something out of it
Re: Whatelse i can do with ramps 1.4?
November 08, 2016 01:07PM
I use an Arduino cnc shield with grbl for my cnc, the shield is only a couple bucks, and the firmware is much easier for me then for
ramps.
VDX
November 08, 2016 03:35PM
... maybe a lasercutter winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 09, 2016 10:47AM
Hard to imagine using a Mendel as CNC mill. How would you clamp parts to the bed? Is the bed stable enough to dive a router into the material? ( no springs ? )

Is the x-carrier able to push downwards? Mine only rests on the M5 nuts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2016 10:49AM by o_lampe.
December 14, 2016 04:46AM
I don't really know much about CNC but it seems to me that you would need a new frame and possibly new stepper motors.
If you don't want to spend much then perhaps a laser cutter would be an easier switch as I don't think you would need to change much.
Mostly the mount for the laser instead of a hot end. Of course a software change but I do not know which one.

Once you switch over to CNC/Laser what are you going to do with it?

Perhaps you would consider keeping this post going as I plan to head that direction in Jan-Feb time schedule.

Good Luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login