Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some problems about RMAP1.4 connect to wifi shield

Posted by Cypress 
Some problems about RMAP1.4 connect to wifi shield
October 30, 2016 11:13AM
Hello everyone,

i have some troubles with transmitting string(g code) between RMAP1.4 and wifi shield board.
And i set RMAP1.4 for serial port 3 . (Attachment is my wiring)

But the lcd didn't show what i want. Like we transmit the g code "G1 X200" ,but X on lcd didn't increase.

So what should i do to fix it up?

I have to no idea to modify Marlin , so please somebody give me some advice~~~

thxspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Attachments:
open | download - 14876021_10210597287869516_1837005684_o.jpg (129.5 KB)
Re: Some problems about RMAP1.4 connect to wifi shield
November 12, 2016 07:51AM
Hi, it must be a wild adventure.

At first, make sure that you can send some 'Hello world!' text at good serial speed (ie. 9600 bps) via WiFi. It can be examined by WiFi send -and- serial loop back test. You need to pass this test at above to proceed, you may require a serial-USB converter and terminal emulator on PC to check WiFi serial in/out lines.

Rebuild Marlin with edited config.h (according to suit WiFi serial speed setting).

Next, connect serial signal wires from WiFi shiled to D0/RX pin and D1/TX pin both available at AUX-1 header on RAMPS 1.4. Please note that those signal wires conflict to on-board USB-serial converter device's TX and RX signal lines via 1K resistor each, so you have to disconnect USB plug from Arduino MEGA while in testing. GND pins at WiFi shiled and Arduino MEGA must be combined with each other. Now, try to connect with host PC application program.

Please allow me if I'm totally wrong. Good luck! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2016 08:21AM by Genie.

Genie - designer of bitfab::Hexagon Heatedbed in purple. PM me if you wish to get original one of the best quality.
November 14, 2016 09:03AM
OH,thanks for your advice a lot~
We have success.
The board(Ramp1.4) can receive 'Hello world!' text .
And the reason why we couldn't make it work was that we had the wrong G code haha...
So thank you very much for your help ~
November 16, 2016 01:59AM
Great !! Very glad to know that you successfully done. smileys with beer

Genie - designer of bitfab::Hexagon Heatedbed in purple. PM me if you wish to get original one of the best quality.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login