Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MKS gen2Z v1.1 Marlin configuration

Posted by MikeP 
MKS gen2Z v1.1 Marlin configuration
February 09, 2016 09:09PM
Folks,
My vendor sold me an MKS gen2z v1.1 sincerely thinking it would be a better choice than a Ramps 1.4 and it is in many ways except I am now stuck with dual z axis which I don't need. Of the little information available, I gather that the second Z output is hardwired to the first but I just don't have a reliable copy of the Marlin.ino for that board to see how the pre-installed firmware is configured for it.

Can anyone provide a copy of the Marlin.ino that would come pre-loaded on that board? I asume it would be for the Prusa I3 as that seems to be the common machine using that board. Alternately, if you know of a way to reconfigure pins.h or configuration.h to re-assign or even swap the Z axis for another, I would be happy to do that. For example, if I could just swap the dual Z axis for dual Y axis that would be awesome.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2016 09:10PM by MikeP.
Re: MKS gen2Z v1.1 Marlin configuration
January 25, 2017 12:50AM
I have the same board as well and am having a tough time finding firmware and how to flash it. Is it flashable through usb or does it have to be ISP header and serial? I want to add a proximity sensor for leveling but have no idea on the firmware version on this board. Did you find anymore info or do you have any info that could help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
January 25, 2017 06:30AM
This is basically a single board version of arduino+ramps 1.4 so can be programmed with marlin or repetier firmware via usb using the arduino software.
January 25, 2017 09:38AM
Folks,
Update to this .... I did manage to configure Marlin to use the MKS board the way I needed and it continues to serve well. Now I am using the MKS gen V1.4 and all issues are resolved. Its a great board and I would recommend it for 3D or light CNC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login