Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Endstop issues

Posted by jbutj 
Endstop issues
December 06, 2014 01:41PM
Hi im new to this but ive build a printer however i am getting some end stop errors. Im guessing ive wired it up wrong? (please see attachments) The x and y axis move but only in one direction. When you try and more them in the opposite direction you get this error (see attachment). Any help would be great. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2014 01:45PM by jbutj.
Re: Endstop issues
December 06, 2014 06:24PM
Which 2 of the 3 connectors on the endstop microswitches are you using? Most firmware is designed for normally closed switches, so you need to use the 2 outer connections and not the middle one.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 06, 2014 09:21PM
Hi I'm using the outer connectors. The motors move but only in one direction but saying the hot end is triggered
December 07, 2014 02:40AM
Hi i had the samé problem. Try the m119 command to see the status of the endstops in my case the min value was triggered and so it moved only in oné direction.

Even though i fixed this i have a problem defining the endstops. How do you define properly the length of the axis on marlin so that the printer knows how far it can move bedore stopping ?
December 07, 2014 02:46AM
I have defined the endstops max value to be 205 and min value to be 0 but the axis move about 8 cm only
December 07, 2014 03:44AM
that looks like X size to me, virtual endstops...

sounds like you need to check you steps/mm and maybe confirm you microstepping jumper settings
December 07, 2014 06:41AM
Hi i tried that i got

"x_min: TRIGGERED
y_min: TRIGGERED
z_min: TRIGGERED"

i guess i need to define the endstops. How is that done?
December 07, 2014 03:16PM
You can try inverting Logic of your endstops in your firmware so that they would be triggered the other way round
December 07, 2014 03:34PM
How ever a detailed step by step manual on how to set up both min and max values fór endstops and how to define homing position would be very helpfull
December 07, 2014 05:11PM
1. Are your endstops maximum or minimum endstops (or some of each)?

2. Do you have them connected to the correct pins on the RAMPS, depending on whether they are max or min endstops?

3. If you are using Marlin firmware, have you edited Configuration.h to define which endstops you have, and to enable all the pullup resistors?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
December 08, 2014 02:39AM
I have done all of the points above and the axis move all the way in oné direction and only about 3 cm in the other no matter what the starting position is. I found something like this in configuration.h define_endstop_min_ value and the same fór max values but i dont know the values. Is it on steps or mm or pulses or something else ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login