Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inverted rotary encoder

Posted by mnadamn 
Inverted rotary encoder
June 27, 2014 11:40AM
I have slowly been building my MendelMAX 1.5 and recently purchased Ramps 1.4 and a Full Graphic LCD for it - This one -. The ramps board I purchased is also from this seller. I am having 2 issues with the controller, first the rotary encoder is inverted. If I turn it clockwise it reduces the feedrate and increases when turned counter clockwise. The other issue I am having is the display will not dim no matter jumper or pot settings. The dimming is not too much of an issue as I did not need this feature but the encoder is going to make me crazy, I know it. I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I spent most of last night searching for solutions and - this - is all I could find. I was unable to find the code that it is referring to. I am running Marlin, and Arduino 1.0.5-r2 . Thanks for helping me out!

Also, As far as I can tell these are the only issues, my thermisters, steppers, and heated bed are getting ordered next week so I am unable to test the functionality of those with the controller.
Re: Inverted rotary encoder
June 28, 2014 02:21PM
In Marlin pins.h lines 700 and 707 both refer to an encoder which turns the wrong way. I am new to Arduino and assumed this meant switch the values between the lines. This did nothing, what do I need to do to reverse these settings?
Re: Inverted rotary encoder
June 29, 2014 10:41AM
Solved, Switched the pins on pins.h starting at line 691

#ifdef REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
#define BEEPER 37

#define BTN_EN1 33
#define BTN_EN2 31
#define BTN_ENC 35
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login