Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trinamic Driver Firmware Problem

Posted by cmikk 
Trinamic Driver Firmware Problem
February 21, 2018 04:26PM
Hey guys. I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, but I'm getting an error from marlin when I upload to my board (Einsy Rambo 1.1). I think r_sense is the trinamic sensing of motor load for homing and whatnot, and Its behaving like its hitting an endstop whenever I try to jog from my slicer, but I don't know enough about marlin or the trinamic specific settings to know what its telling me or what to do about it. My guess is that there's two conflicting definitions for the same parameter (r_sense), and thats causing it to think its constantly triggered? I haven't changed these settings, btw.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Mac OS X), Board: "RAMBo"

In file included from sketch/pins.h:146:0,
from sketch/MarlinConfig.h:33,
from /Users/Scrappy/Desktop/Life/Projects/3D Printer/Util/Marlin_Einsy_1.1.5/Marlin_Einsy_1.1.5.ino:31:
sketch/pins_EINSYRAMBO.h:46:0: warning: "R_SENSE" redefined
#define R_SENSE 0.22
^
In file included from sketch/MarlinConfig.h:32:0,
from /Users/Scrappy/Desktop/Life/Projects/3D Printer/Util/Marlin_Einsy_1.1.5/Marlin_Einsy_1.1.5.ino:31:
sketch/Configuration_adv.h:943:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
#define R_SENSE 0.11 // R_sense resistor for SilentStepStick2130
^
Sketch uses 126406 bytes (48%) of program storage space. Maximum is 258048 bytes.
Global variables use 5220 bytes of dynamic memory.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 04:28PM by cmikk.
Re: Trinamic Driver Firmware Problem
February 21, 2018 05:05PM
Its a warning.... and yes these are two setting for the same thing.

sketch/Configuration_adv.h line 943 says #define R_SENSE 0.11 // R_sense resistor for SilentStepStick2130

at the same time

sketch/pins_EINSYRAMBO.h line 46 says #define R_SENSE 0.22

I would say that the on in pins_EINSYRAMBO.h is probably correct for you, so comment out the other one.
February 22, 2018 05:07PM
Thanks for the reply. Thats kind of what I thought. I'm having quite a few other errors, mostly unused parameters related to u8glib (lcd screen?). I'm guessing I can ignore those, especially since there's something extra I have to do to get my lcd to work with the einsy (idk what, haven't gotten that far yet.) These errors seem to be dealing with the drivers though, and may explain why its still not working.

sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:9851:15: warning: 'tmc2130_set_pwmthrs' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void tmc2130_set_pwmthrs(TMC2130Stepper &st, const char name, const int32_t thrs, const uint32_t spmm) {
^
sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:9861:15: warning: 'tmc2130_set_sgt' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
static void tmc2130_set_sgt(TMC2130Stepper &st, const char name, const int8_t sgt_val) {
^
In file included from sketch/fastio.h:33:0,
from sketch/MarlinConfig.h:26,
from sketch/Marlin.h:36,
from sketch/stepper.cpp:47:
sketch/stepper.cpp: In static member function 'static void Stepper::digipot_current(uint8_t, int)':
sketch/macros.h:126:28: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type [-Wtype-limits]
#define WITHIN(V,L,H) ((V) >= (L) && (V) <= (H))
^
sketch/stepper.cpp:1512:11: note: in expansion of macro 'WITHIN'
if (WITHIN(driver, 0, 2))
^
sketch/stepper_indirection.cpp:174:83: warning: unused parameter 'thrs' [-Wunused-parameter]
void tmc2130_init(TMC2130Stepper &st, const uint16_t microsteps, const uint32_t thrs, const float &spmm) {
^
sketch/stepper_indirection.cpp:174:102: warning: unused parameter 'spmm' [-Wunused-parameter]
void tmc2130_init(TMC2130Stepper &st, const uint16_t microsteps, const uint32_t thrs, const float &spmm) {
^
February 22, 2018 09:05PM
Update. I upped the stepper voltage to 1200 mv (from 1000), and my steppers are stepping. I'm still interested if anyone has any info on those errors, but I think I'm good now. Thanks for the help, dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login