Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CBD Chitu 3D Printer Main Board

Posted by oklok 
CBD Chitu 3D Printer Main Board
January 07, 2015 02:05AM
So I am going to be an asshole and recommend a new motherboard that uses touchscreen instead of the monochrome LCD screen we using today.

You can take a look at the product here:
[3dfilamenta.com]

The manufacturer have sold roughly more than 940 pcs, and 3Dfilamenta is the general agency that covers the international market. Question ask the customer service or here.

Hate it or Love it! Cheers!

Highlights
Support Color Touch Sceeen

ARM STM32 Microprocessor

Allegro A4988 Motor Driver

Compatible with Most 3D Structers

Very Stable, Can Print Many Hours ( Tested and successfully printed none-stop 72 h)

Chitu Firmware, Both for Delta Type of 3D Printers and XYZ (Box) 3D Printers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2015 02:06AM by oklok.
Re: CBD Chitu 3D Printer Main Board
August 17, 2015 09:53PM
apparently there are a 1000 of these out there, and i haven't seen anyone else successfully running one? i got mine from aliexpress, it has dual extruders and dual thermocouples or thermistors (can only use one or the other) in that department it sort of sucks, the screen reports innaccurate temps, it climbs super high(260 when set for 220) then drops to 180. if i can't get the pid tuned, i don't know if it will even be able to print. thermistors are slightly better than thermocouples on it

the motor settings (step numbers) are really weird, but work out ok (my z setting is like .00039620 or something). programming it is easier than marlin, and it doesn't require any special software, just text file in ok english. it has an android app that works sort of like octoprint, and i bought a bog standard esp8266 that cost about 3 bucks used it without modification. repetier works with it, supposedly makerware does too if you set it a certain way

i set mine for core xy, and it works pretty well, it moves at least, once the heatbed gets here we'll see. i like the built in led sockets (5v and 12/24v), but they would be better if they had a software switch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2015 09:55PM by nwalk.
August 18, 2015 02:56AM
The page 3dfilamenta.com isn´t available..... sad smiley

A board with only 4 stepper drivers is not state of the art....how do you manage to use two extruders?
-Olaf
August 18, 2015 03:17AM
Is the electronics and/or firmware open source?

Duet electronics has supported a colour touch screen (PanelDue) since the beginning of this year. The latest Duet version (0.8.5) has dual extrusion support built in. It's 100% open source.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 18, 2015 07:02AM
o_lampe
The page 3dfilamenta.com isn´t available..... sad smiley

A board with only 4 stepper drivers is not state of the art....how do you manage to use two extruders?
-Olaf

Olaf

Page is there (it may have been down when you looked) see Chitu it appears that you need a add on board for the 2nd extruder but in all honesty it is way overpriced given that it is approx 30% more than a DUET from Replikeo $60 against $82 for the chitu (tho the chitu has a cheap screen with it of unknown usability)

Doug
August 18, 2015 10:17AM
there is an add in board. you can see it in the picture, bottom middleish, it can be y or z or an extruder, whatever you want. it is closed source as far as adding functions to the touch screen, but you can adjust all of the major functions, and it runs standard gcode.

the screen works just fine, i haven't had any issue with it

i'm just curious where these 1000 boards went. there were 2 people that were complaining on the up3d and davinci boards that they bought and couldn't figure out chitu boards, but i haven't seen any successful builds (via google search) on the major forums etc. except for my own 80% done printer, and this board has been around for almost a year
August 18, 2015 03:10PM
dc42

Duet electronics has supported a colour touch screen (PanelDue) since the beginning of this year. The latest Duet version (0.8.5) has dual extrusion support built in. It's 100% open source.

Don´t worry DC, this board ( or the firmware ) is no thread for your duet. No reason to mark the fence winking smiley
-Olaf
August 18, 2015 04:46PM
o_lampe
dc42

Don´t worry DC, this board ( or the firmware ) is no thread for your duet. No reason to mark the fence winking smiley
-Olaf

The OP said "...instead of the monochrome LCD screen we using today", as if colour touch screens for 3D printers are new. I was pointing out that they are not. And the Duet isn't "mine", I just contribute towards the firmware for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2015 04:47PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 22, 2015 08:52AM
[www.youtube.com]

mine's a corexy i've run it as fast as 180mm/s but it runs best around 100mm/s

this guy made a delta
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2015 08:55AM by nwalk.
April 23, 2017 11:04AM
I realise this is an old thread but I had been trying to track down the manufacturer of the board that my Createbot Mini Touchscreen uses.
It turns out it is a Chitu [www.chitu3d.com] (It is also known as Red Rabbit.).
You can download a manual for the board and a slicer. But I have not been able to get the slicer software to install.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login