Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie cant get Lcd to work

Posted by Leggy 
Newbie cant get Lcd to work
April 19, 2017 01:11PM
Hi
Im sorry if there is an easy solution for my problem but i cant find it.

I bought a arduino clone and a ramps 1.4 set to replace the broken board of my anet printer.
I cant get the lcd to work. Its a lcd 2004 smart controller an it has RepRapDiscount Smart Controller written on the backside.
When i connect the usb 2 of the 4 lines light a few seconds and then it shows nothing.
I also changed the contrast.
The board itself seems to work. Cura shows a connected Printer and the temp of a connected thermistor.

I tried #define ULTRA_LCD and #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER but both dont work.
Can you help me?

Thanks.

Edit:
I still have the Anet LCD2004 ( [www.chinabrands.com]) Is it possible to connect it to ramps? It has only one of this 10pin connectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2017 04:40PM by Leggy.
Re: Newbie cant get Lcd to work
April 20, 2017 03:25AM
There is a problem with some lcd2004 ribbon cable connectors having the notches the wrong way round. You can try to turn around connectors on the Ramps-adapter and switch cable1 with cable2 until you get a working LCD.
April 20, 2017 12:59PM
I already tried changing cable 1 and 2 but it didnt work. I didnt turned the cables because i was afraid i could fry something. Can i turn the connector without destroying something?

Edit:
I turned the connectors and the piezo startet beeping... thats all.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 01:20PM by Leggy.
April 21, 2017 03:10AM
Then you might have a bad solder or crimp connection.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login