Advanced

13.3V with RAMPS 1.4 with 1N4004 diode

Posted by mostley 
13.3V with RAMPS 1.4 with 1N4004 diode
December 15, 2011 04:38AM
a kind of longish post is going to follow,
so I tried to highlight the important questions for the skimmers smiling smiley

Hi,

I got my RAMPS 1.4 yesterday and still got a few questions before I start plugin stuff together and potentionally endangering my electronics and myself winking smiley

I asked my supplier and he told me that the board has the 1N4004 diode, where can I find it on the board?

I read here: [reprap.org] that I shouldn't connect more than 12V but my power supply produces 13.3V and 20A.

How can I make this work? is it possible to just unsolder the diode? Would this even help? Or is the diode only a sign of another change in the Board?
Should I use an appropriate Resistor or voltage transformer to get to the Voltage I need?
Or does the 13.3V even bother the board?

Another Question I have is regarding the Firmware, I would like to use ReplicatorG and therefor try the FiveD Firmware (I finally have a single electronics solution, I would love to have a single software solution as well).
But the pin definitions already preconfigured RAMPS pins in the FiveD github repository show something completely different from what's described on the Wiki-Page.

So, who has the correct pin.h settings, the wiki-page or the github repository?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2011 04:41AM by mostley.
Re: 13.3V with RAMPS 1.4 with 1N4004 diode
December 15, 2011 05:36AM
Hello, I just answer you one question smiling smiley

The 1N4004 diode, if it's installed, it is right behind the reset button. The black chip with a gray end.
Re: 13.3V with RAMPS 1.4 with 1N4004 diode
December 15, 2011 07:05AM
oh come on, don't be a miser :-P

- - -

thank you, I'll search for it as soon as I have my board in front of me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login