Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

trouble using repsnapper and skeinforge

Posted by morrist 
trouble using repsnapper and skeinforge
August 15, 2011 07:21PM
hello all, i am having a strange problem when i export the g code to repsnapper from skeinforge. It seems to move randomly at an extremely slow pace when i just tried the default settings. also, the picture that appears on the bed is not centered or anything but appears to be off the bed. if anyone has had this problem it would be great to know how you resolved it

morrist
Re: trouble using repsnapper and skeinforge
August 15, 2011 08:33PM
so i fixed the slow movement with the multiplier button in repsnapper, and it works at an acceptable speed now. but i cannot get it to extrude during the print. but the reprap moves around as it would during printing. i have sf 40, repsnapper and the techzone monolithic electronics btw

Morrist
August 16, 2011 12:21AM
See the topic Skeinforge 40 Changes to Dimension - Read this for problems with the new version of Skeinforge! in the Skeinforge forum.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
August 16, 2011 12:51AM
You my want to use the plugin Multiply and put set X and Y at 100mm.
August 16, 2011 07:31AM
thanks guys, that is helpful. one other odd question that happened last night. I turned my extruder heat off, and it continued to soar. it ended up at 328 . 328 when the thing was supposed to be off. Ive never heard of that happening to anyone and i really have no idea what may have caused it

morrist
August 16, 2011 08:14AM
Communication problem (card not receiving the "heat off" gcode properly) maybe ?

What kind of hotend / electronics do you have ?

Hopefully you didn't burn anything out...
August 16, 2011 07:06PM
i have a makergear hot end , and i am running the monolithic electronics from techzone. havent had time to experiment with it again today. no visible damage to the board
August 17, 2011 12:27AM
Got monotronics too, from TZ.
Never experimented what you mention, but my crappy TZ hotend acted like a 'fuse' - PTFE rod creeping and letting the brass nozzle pop off - last time I overheated, so I plugged it off before it reached anywhere that hot.
August 17, 2011 02:13PM
that failure mode is common for their hot end. i recently replaced mine with the maker gear kit and it is much better. when i get back home from relatives i will experiment with it and see what seems to trigger it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login