Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repsnapper Extruder Heat Issue

Posted by Bronston 
Repsnapper Extruder Heat Issue
November 24, 2010 08:36AM
I have kind of a strange issue, and not one I've seen anyone else have so far. I'm trying to use repsnapper and for some reason after I got my nozzle hot and send a print job my heating element is shut off, so the printer goes through the motions, but of course no plastic is extruded. I've tried using a separate power supply just to the extruder, to be sure it had plenty of current and that didn't help, so all I can figure is it's something to do with the software itself. I haven't had a chance to test it with the official reprap software because shorty after I noticed this I fried my extruder controller(replacement should be here today). If anyone has any thoughts I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks
B
Re: Repsnapper Extruder Heat Issue
November 24, 2010 10:54AM
How are you slicing the print? Skeinforge? Repsnapper?

If it's Skeinforge, perhaps you are sending an M104 command to a lower temperature?

Check your temperature tab, and also the start.gcode file...??

[araspitfire.blogspot.com]
November 24, 2010 07:14PM
What firmware are you using on your electronics, and what sort of electronics are you using?
November 25, 2010 02:35PM
repsnapper sets the temp to 73oC by default, don't ask me why.

To fix that go to the GCODE tab, and look at the START tab

Look at the line where the M104 command is (You should have>>>> M104 S73.0)

Change the S73.0 to the extruder temp you want to use for printing.....I use 220 so mine looks like this

M104 S220.0

Save your settings so it does not revert back to 73 the next time to launch repsnapper

Hope this helps...........also a little tip....disable the temp update in the PRINT tab during printing to avoid communication errors.
November 26, 2010 02:39PM
Yeah, it was the default m104 setting, all fixed now(sort of). Thanks everybody.
December 03, 2010 12:57AM
How do you save it?
I can change this setting in the Gcode tab in Repsnapper but saving it simply prompts for a file name and location to save it to.

Is there a way you can set this as the default settings which get loaded automatically?
January 17, 2011 10:59PM
brad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you save it?

This is an important question I'd love to know the answer to. Until we get skeinforge working reliably here, it'd sure be nice not to have to manually edit the gcode every print.
January 18, 2011 01:27AM
The "Save Settings" option is in the top right corner of the input file tab. Doesn't make much sense, I know. It should save all of your gcode settings though.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
April 20, 2011 03:05PM
Just to note I think people are confused on the following code:

Repsnapper manual
M104 S215 ;set temperature (heating units - NOT actual degree centigrade)

I copy pasted the above from this site: [github.com]

So the "S###" Is not the Celsius temp, its just a unit.

Anyone know better? I havn't even started my reprap so you guys know better, but thats what i saw in the manual.
April 23, 2011 03:43PM
S215 is in fact 215C, unless you have a really messed up temperature table in your firmware.
August 21, 2012 10:05PM
I have the same issue with a stuffmaker running redsnapper,
extruder heats up but when run the moniter stops working and heat of extruder drops
then heats up and moniter works when paused or on idle.
under start tab , I have " T0 ;select new extruder"'

Any Ideas anyone ??? would be much appreciated , wasted hours and cant printed a thing. :-(
Regards Diana
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login