Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Copenhagen Progress

Posted by rapatan 
Copenhagen Progress
May 21, 2016 08:18AM
Hi

Updated mechanical parts including minor changes to electron gun and chamber, along with changes to nylon insulators in High Voltage Power Supply Transformer. New information flow enabling people to create there own working drawings; Achieved by downloading files from parts section and opening zipped .stp files in freecad, then exporting each part in FreeCAD drawing workbench.

Working drawing's details can be gained from FreeCAD part name;it has part number, version number, description and material information in its part name. CNC finish is adequate for all parts as vacuums up to 10-6 Torr do not require specialized surface finishes.

Assembly301.zip (main assembly)
Minor improvements, part numbers/ version number/ description/ material information. available when .stp file is unziped and opened in FreeCAD.

Solid Nylon Transformer HV Insulator.zip (insulators for HV SMPS transformer)
Switch Mode Power Supply Transformer 1KV and 63KV nylon insulators, Printed in Nylon with a 100% Infill(Solid). Unzip the file and open the .STP in FreeCAD then export to .STL for 3D Plastic Printer,

Updated Switch mode power supply PCB's will be released soon.

kind regards

MetalicaRap Team
Re: Copenhagen Progress
May 24, 2016 03:21AM
Great! Good to see things are still moving along even if there is not a huge amount of progress.

I took a look at the wiki, are you guys still planning on going with a borosilicate glass tube for the outside of the vacuum chamber? If so, have you sourced a tube yet?

I've been talking to glass vendors through alibaba (and some locally) to try and get a borosilicate glass tube 400mm OD x 1000mm manufactured. I've so far not had too much luck, the minimum price I've been quoted was about $2,000 per tube Which is expensive, especially as things from China are a dice roll when it comes to quality, tolerances and final finish. Have you had better luck than me?

There was a 315mm OD tube that I thought might work, but when I shaped everything out in CAD I ended up with a build area of about 100mm per side, which I deemed too small. Quotes for those ranged about $300/piece + shipping. Let me know if you guys found anything better!
October 06, 2016 10:19PM
Great! Good to see things are still moving along even if there is not a huge amount of progress i like artikel
June 23, 2017 06:03AM
hi

We have added some more flanges to the electron gun. So you can build the gun sections.

In file and parts section new assemble "assemble301.zip"
Notes for the above,
Modular design implemented through multiple flange connection in gun, Magnetic Lens 1 and Lens 2 are now designed for ease of manufacturer (Part numbers for lenses is coming in next upload) available when .stp file is unziped and opened in FreeCAD. NOW READY FOR BUILDING - using standard part for cross c-0600-450 Lesker

Powersupply development going well , manufacturing of parts continues.

kind regards
Metalicarap team
July 05, 2018 07:28PM
Hi

This is the transformer for 250khz to 500khz LCC 60KV full bridge SMPS resonant converter we are playing with;

[drive.google.com]

[drive.google.com]

[drive.google.com]

[drive.google.com]

[drive.google.com]

[drive.google.com]

Quote number (below) in white in picture on pcb at [jlcpcb.com]
Picture here ;[drive.google.com]
We ordered 100 pcb’s making 200 individual 3 wind boards you need 151 of these individual 3 wind boards.

The plastic parts are in parts section 9 on reprap.org/wiki/Metalicarap. Print in abs solid
[reprap.org]
[reprap.org]

Capacitors
[eu.mouser.com]

Diodes
[eu.mouser.com]

Two of above diodes and two capacitors for each individual 3 wind boards. The two different boards marked CW and ACW respectively should alternated up stack( CW=Clockwise ACW=anti-clockwise, used to reduce parasitic capacitance between winds ) Capacitors one side and diodes other side as marked. Mica sheet(below) between each 3 turn wind board, with protrusion covering the diodes. Then inter 3 turn wind board connection using end copper tabs with a small or large hole in, align these holes over each other,then make connection via soldered small hole through to larger hole above.

Mica sheets 6 packs Mica film 0.2mm Mica Electrical Insulating Film, 304mm x 200mm x 0.25mm [export.rsdelivers.com]

.pdf file of mica insulation sheets laser cut shape file TBA

Ferite Core U126x91x20CF139. [powermagnetics.co.uk] Need two

Big welcome to hyna electron gun development; [hackaday.io]

Kind regards

Rapatan

Be safe out there!
NB you should consider these as not tested.
NB neither metalicarap team or any individual involved in this endevour make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information herein, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights; or assumes any liability with respect to the use of, or for damages resulting from the use of any information, method or process disclosed in this publication.

Edited 20 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2018 09:20AM by rapatan.
July 12, 2018 07:08AM
Hi
This is the template file for laser cutting the mica sheet inter 3-wind pcb’s insulators referred to above;

[drive.google.com]

Kind regards
Rapatan
January 22, 2019 02:12PM
Hi
Link to ferite core above has changed full details below to get elsewhere when needed.
Material CF139
Equivalent to
manufacturer / material
Cosmo / CF138,
Ferroxcube / 3C90
TDK / PC44
Dimensions U126x91x20
(U shape , base of U 126mm, verticals of U 91mm, square section 20mm x 20mm)

U126x91x20 CF139
Part code
6744 01
Ferrite U core. Manufacturer: Cosmo Ferrite Material Grade CF139 (Equivalent to Cosmo CF138, Ferroxcube 3C90 and TDK PC44). Price is for a half core - (I.e. you will need to order 2 pieces to form a pair) Dimensions: Length: 126mm Width: 20.0mm Height: 91.0mm Wt: 700g Magnetic Characteristics: uiac = 2100 AL Value = 2800 (+30% /-20% For larger volume enquiries or technical assistance please contact our sales team. Tel: 01280 817243 or email: sales@powermagnetics.co.uk Contact Us

Kind regards
Tansen

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2019 03:35PM by rapatan.
September 19, 2021 11:10AM
Can you please specify more about why the external pipe (stainless steel) is the size and thickness you have in the spreadsheet? @rapatan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login