Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fundraising & project management of metallica RepRap

Posted by mmajumdar 
Fundraising & project management of metallica RepRap
January 05, 2015 04:43AM
Hi there
I live in San Francisco and I am trying to understand a status of the Metallica RepRap 3D Printer. Has anyone been able to build a prototype of Metallica RepRap with Electron guns using EBM.I see Arcam has some EBM 3D printers. Are these essentially the same as described in the Metallica RepRap?

If funding is the only issue, then I think I can help to raise the funds for a project and then we can showcase in the Maker Faire. Can someone please tell me the status and what we need to proceed in terms of funds, infrastructure, skills, etc?

Thanks

Manindra
VDX
Re: Fundraising & project management of metallica RepRap
January 05, 2015 03:29PM
... I think, there will be many different DIY-lasersintering-3D-printers before you'll see the first DIY-EBM-3D-printer 'in the wild'.

It's the vacuum-chamber and the problems to put the parts into it or extract them, what's much harder to solve, than shielding with inert gases ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 08, 2015 08:37AM
Hi
We have some funding and are testing some parts of electron gun,
So further fundraising to support more metal manufacturing and electrical testing teams is the priority
2nd version of powersupply hardware is near completion, power supply software is partially done.
So with these new mechanical & electrical testing teams a Electron beam hardware kit can be offered, enabling a electron beam control platform for software developers.
kind regards
Rapatan
January 14, 2015 04:57PM
Hello,
I am very pleased to find that this is being worked on!

I would like to help if I can. I use Inventor if that's any help. I also have access
to a CNC lathe and mill. I program, though I'm a little rusty on that. I'm ok on
electrical/automation type stuff, less so on actual electronics.

Can I help? If so where should I begin?

Kind regards,
Ambrose
VDX
January 14, 2015 06:18PM
... this could be a good entry too - [www.metalbot.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login