Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Instructions for an old Huxley

Posted by SDuck 
Instructions for an old Huxley
August 16, 2016 08:07PM
I work at a museum, and an old employee purchased a Huxley #240 in 2011, but never assembled it or even opened the box.

I've found instructions on assembly, (https://reprappro.com/documentation/huxley/) but nothing that matches the parts that I have here. There are a number of parts in the kit that aren't mentioned in these instructions as well as several called for in the instructions that didn't come with the kit. Are there older instructions somewhere that I could use to put this together? I've looked, but haven't been able to find anything useful.

Thank you for your help.
Re: Instructions for an old Huxley
August 17, 2016 03:13AM
Can you show a few pictures ? There have been different Huxleys versions by different "makers".

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
August 19, 2016 04:22PM
Here are those pictures of the printed parts.
Attachments:
open | download - printed parts1.jpg (130.8 KB)
open | download - printed parts2.jpg (100.3 KB)
August 25, 2016 12:30AM
Looks like a reprappro huxley

[www.thingiverse.com]

But parts of the frame do seem to be missing, and they have swapped out the extruder for a more common wades style

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2016 12:38AM by Dust.
August 25, 2016 04:55AM
Hi SDuck,

It's eMAKER Huxley, not an earlier version as there're reinforcement ribs to hold IGUS bearing at x-idler-bracket and x-motor-bracket. The designer jmgiacalone joined RepRap Ltd. after eMAKER Huxley released and the model was called as RepRapPro Huxley with some modifications. The controller board was revised from Sanguinololu to Melzi.

Now, eMAKERshop web site once held the assembly documents of eMAKER Huxley was removed and the information was lost. So, RepRapPro Huxley wiki pages should be helpful in the mean time.

[reprap.org]

The spare components will be available at RepRap Ltd. and eMAKER.io.

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2016 09:40PM by Genie.

Genie - designer of bitfab::Hexagon Heatedbed in purple. PM me if you wish to get original one of the best quality.
August 26, 2016 02:42PM
Thank you all for your help. I'll see what I can do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login