Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrade to 1.04

Posted by jmknox 
Upgrade to 1.04
March 22, 2015 11:58AM
Hi All,

I just upgraded to the 1.04 firmware and SD image.

I have an issue with the web interface, I get the web page but do not appear to get the JS code,

With HTML debug, i get "Network connection error, code -10".

Any Advise?

James

------------EDIT----------

I have just reverted back to 0.78C and it is working again so there must be an issue either with 1.04 or the copies I downloaded (twice) from github.

Still looking for advice though

JMK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 12:34PM by jmknox.
Re: Upgrade to 1.04
March 22, 2015 01:37PM
You might like to try my 1.04a-dc42 fork here [github.com] along with zombiepantslol's web interface here [github.com]. The RepRapPro 1.04 release includes some but not all of the improvements from my fork, in particular it doesn't have the smoother movement code of my fork. For more information, see [forums.reprap.org]. There is a list of differences between my fork and RRP 0.78c at [github.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 26, 2015 12:41PM
Hi jmknox

Make sure you update your sd card files, to the ones that come with v1.04, particularly the web interface related files. The "Network connection error, code -10" usually just means it hasn't got the data it expected. It could be that you are not connected to the internet, so it can't access the files it needs from the internet, or there has been some other error.

When you upgrade from 0.78c, you need to delete the stored Javascript strings related to the printer's ip address. I added some extra release notes about this, and other changes, to the 1.04 announcement; see: [reprappro.com]

We'll be releasing another version of the firmware in a couple of weeks, with much revised network code, which should also help with these sort of problems.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
March 27, 2015 10:16AM
Ian,

I Always do a full update - even use a new SD card to ensure I have the correct versions of the Site.
The I go through the full callibration and commissioning from scratch to ensure that there is no issue with the firmware from the control point of view.
Internet access was fine as I reverted back to the 78C version and it connected fine.
I also cleared the cache in Chrome and Firefox before and after trying the upgrade to ensure there was nothing left there either.
Its strange, I was able to download all the files from the SD card if i connected with a web browser so I used the http debug setting and found that if i connected to the control page (reprap.htm) it would download everything except the .js file. However I can download this file if I name it on the address bar.

I have switched back to 78C and will await the next version.

JMKnox
March 27, 2015 10:35AM
JM, if you can't get RRP 1.04 to work on your system, you might like to try my 1.04a-dc42 fork or RepRapFirmware here [github.com] along with zombiepanstlol's improved web interface here [github.com]. Lots of Ormerod users are using these or similar versions, along with some owners of Delta and CoreXY printers that are using Duet electronics.. There is a list of differences between my 1.04b and RepRapPro's 0.78c here [github.com].

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2015 10:40AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 27, 2015 10:39AM
DC42,

That is planned as a test this weekend smiling smiley

JMKnox
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login