Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unsure how to secure belt overlap in belt clamp

Posted by KennethY89 
Unsure how to secure belt overlap in belt clamp
January 10, 2015 03:35AM
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the suggestions and help with the parts the other time for my RepRap Huxley. This time I got some confusion about securing the belt overlap in the belt clamp. I'm referring to the instructions in the RepRap documentation for the Y Axis Assembly

Previously I did try to put the belt clamp together, but the MXL belt that I used was too short. Figuring I should just do the rest and get back to it later (Lesson Learnt: NEVER leave a step unfinished), I just left the loose belt there for future fixing. So now I have the the beautiful Z axis blocking my way when I'm trying to fix up my belt sad smiley

Anyhow, it says to "Secure this overlap in the belt clamp by tightening the screws" in the instructions. After a long period spent sourcing for a single grub screw and getting a new belt, this is as far as I managed to get it.

As you can see, the belt clamp isn't exactly tight onto the belt, but I'm not sure how I can clamp it down properly and secure the belt overlap. Does anyone have any tips on what I can do?
Re: Unsure how to secure belt overlap in belt clamp
January 13, 2015 09:02AM
You just need to tighten the 4 nyloc nuts that holds the belt-tensioner onto the belt-clamps. The belt ends get trapped between them. I've updated pictures for hi res versions on this page (click on them), so you can see more clearly: [reprappro.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 13, 2015 02:33PM
Anyway, to do that, you have to remove the heated plate assembly, to access the caps of the 4 screws.
I found useful to use a drop of superglue to stick the end coming from the motor on the "U" part. Then you'll find yourself having an additional hand available smiling smiley
January 14, 2015 12:01PM
That's why it's in the instructions BEFORE putting the heated bed on!

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
January 17, 2015 12:39AM
Thanks for the help! I had to remove the heated bed assembly to do it, but it is now all fixed smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login