Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help a non-techie with 4 issues with his Huxley

Posted by KennethY89 
Help a non-techie with 4 issues with his Huxley
November 23, 2014 02:56AM
Hi everyone,

I've been working on my RepRap Huxley printer for that past 5 months now, and I've done it up all the way to the part of setting up the wiring for the printer. Here's my baby smiling smiley

Honestly I am very confused at this point as I have no previous engineering background, and have been pretty much muddling along all this while. To make matters worse, I've lost the remaining parts I would need to complete the printer, so I need help with a bunch of issues I'm facing at this step (Wiring Step)

1) Missing Power Adaptor
I don't have the below parts, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are and how I can get them?

2) Power Wire Pairs?

I have no idea what the power wire pairs are, as they are referred to in the Wiring Step. The text I'm given is "Strip the insulation from the ends of the two power wire pairs. For the +19v ends strip about 5mm. For the 0v ends strip about 15mm"

Since I lost all my unused parts, I have no idea what this looks like. Does anyone here know what the power wire pairs are and how I can get new ones?

3) Holder for power cable

This is one of the legs of my rep rap

And this is the image of the same leg in the Wiring Step documentation.

I see to be missing a 3D printed part that is attached to this leg, but I can't find the STL file of it. I've downloaded a full set of files from and can't seem to find the STL I need to make this part. Is there something I'm missing here?

4) Need new print platform belt

As you can see below, my print platform has a belt that is way too short to draw the platform.

I've been putting off fixing it because I wanted to just move ahead, but as the printer nears completion I figure I need to resolve this soon. What is the name of this particular kind of belt, and where can I get more?

Would really appreciate any help I can get with this from this awesome community. It was difficult working on this while I had work, but I'm so close now and don't want this journey to end just because of some misplaced parts. Looking forward to hear from you guys soon smiling smiley
Re: Help a non-techie with 4 issues with his Huxley
November 25, 2014 10:42AM
1) The "brick" is a laptop compatible power supply rated for an output voltage of 19 V and a maximum output current of 6.3 A. Do not buy one that has lower output current capability. The other one is a DC power socket like this: [uk.rs-online.com]
2) Power wire pairs is what you can see in the pictures from the item 3 in your post. They start from the little DC power socket, one pair to the heated bed and another pair to the electronics.
3) The one atttached, called power bracket.
4) It's a T2.5 belt, like this: [reprapworld.com], but you can find in many 3D printing online shops.

Good luck! smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - power-bracket-1off.stl (147.5 KB)
November 26, 2014 12:00PM
Hey KennethY89,

We can supply parts for RepRapPro Huxley kits. We don't list everything in our webshop, but I can sort you out a quote for the parts you would like if you email me on info (at) reprappro (dot) com.

The belt used in our Huxleys is MXL belt as listed here: [reprappro.com]

Best wishes
Sally

RepRapPro Ltd
November 26, 2014 02:40PM
Oops, you may be right Sally smiling smiley I don't know exactly when you switched from T2.5 to MXL. I forget most of the time that there are almost 2 years since bought one of your Huxley kits. A really great printer!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login