Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Part hunt - IDC for ribbon cable to heated bed

Posted by CJS62 
Part hunt - IDC for ribbon cable to heated bed
January 09, 2013 09:00PM
Hello all! I am in the slow process of completing my Huxley build from a RRP kit. Somewhere along the line (I have been off and on since April) I have lost the cap portion of the IDC that connects the ribbon cable to the heated bed. I was wondering if anyone has a part number or source they could point me to. My searches have been inconclusive. Thanks!
Re: Part hunt - IDC for ribbon cable to heated bed
January 10, 2013 06:02AM
These should not be too difficult to find as they are common electronic construction components. Have you looked at RS Components? Farnell? Mouser?
Where are you located?
Alan
January 10, 2013 01:40PM
I am in the US. I did look in those places, as well as Newark/Element14, which is where I suspect I'll order from. I guess my question is less about accessibility as it is about what it is I am looking for. None of the connectors I see when I search for IDC or Insulation Displacement look like a match and I suspect I may be searching in the wrong place or that there is another name for the connector I should be searching for. I am hoping someone can provide a “You need a Molex 2.00mm Pitch, Milli-Grid™ Crimp Housing for 4 Circuits” or “look for PN 7544839-1” type of guidance.
January 10, 2013 02:15PM
Try THIS.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 10, 2013 05:18PM
.... or to be absolutely specific, HERE
The IDC connector is a 4-way 0.1in single line socket.
Alan
January 12, 2013 03:50PM
Thanks! I think that's got me what I need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login