Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Making a RepRapPro Huxley

Posted by fireemblem20 
Making a RepRapPro Huxley
November 02, 2012 09:56AM
I have most of the parts to make a RepRapPro Huxley but i'm still missing a few things. I don't know what I should use for the power supply can someone tell me what I am supposed to use? I also got a Sanguinololu 1.3A circuit board (not sure if thats spelled correctly.) and it says it can only support 4 stepper motors when the RepRapPro Huxley uses 5, do I need to get a different circuit board or is there something I can do with the Sanguinololu so it can support 5?
Re: Making a RepRapPro Huxley
November 04, 2012 11:45AM
Hello,

See here: [reprap.org]

Best wishes
Sally
November 05, 2012 05:23PM
The two Z axis motors are wired in parallel, to the best of my knowledge, to one of the motor outputs on the board. They are both driven by a single output, so that they stay in sync (in theory). I'm still building my own Huxley myself, and hope to build a second with one motor driving a belt to drive two axis rods, like the GenX or TechZone designs.
February 03, 2013 10:59PM
I have another question, I have gotten a little farther in making my reprappro huxley and i don't have a Y axis gear for the stepper motor and there is no files for one on the print page. The instructions say to use a 14 tooth pulley T2.5 and on Github there is one for a 16 tooth T2.5. Can I use the 16 tooth one and if I can't does someone have a file for printing out a 14 tooth pulley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2013 11:27AM by fireemblem20.
February 05, 2013 04:33AM
From memory, in the original RRP Huxley kits, these particular pulleys were cast rather than printed - not sure whether this is still the case or not. You could use a 16 tooth T2.5 pulley but bear in mind that this would mean reducing the Y steps per mm in firmware, (configuration.h), to 80 from the 14 tooth pulley value of 91.4286. (Using a larger diameter pulley will also reduce the torque available from this axis - whether this will have a significant impact I cannot say). The foregoing also applies to the X axis.
If you wanted to stick with 14 tooth pulleys, you could always look for aluminium ones.
Alan
February 18, 2013 10:14AM
The pulleys are the same for the Mendel - this should be the ones you are after [github.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login