Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Techzone Huxley unusable... is a fraud???

Posted by immaginaecrea 
Re: Techzone Huxley unusable... is a fraud???
October 26, 2012 02:54AM
For reference, I'm successfully using an old version of the new branch (not kulitorum).

last commit comment was :
git log
commit e4b22ec6e9edde94eefd7b683256031796c9421a
Author: Elmom
Date: Sun Apr 17 09:56:40 2011 +0300

Fixed the docs of V1 to clone the proper branch

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
October 26, 2012 07:25AM
p.s. the optostop don't work in sunshine.
October 28, 2012 11:31PM
i am currently using the r351 Kulitorum repsnapper is this a problem? Can someone give me a one on one into setting the firmware or software to understand the distances and optos? Thanks
November 03, 2012 09:03PM
I checked my old laptop today, and I was using "RepSnapper by Kulitorum www.kulitorum.com", Version 04.25.11. I fetched and built it from https://github.com/timschmidt/repsnapper.git, and the last change in my old version was from 17 April 2011. It has a tab called "Interactive", where I can move each axis (and extruder) by 0.1, 1, 10 and 100mm in both directions, and home.

However, I'm testing right now with Sprinter and Printrun (aka Pronterface). It seems to work fine, though I haven't tested real printing or even extrusion so far. I've copied my calibrated steps/mm settings from the old FiveD code, and uploaded Sprinter to my monotronics board, and I can manually control it from pronterface.

I've written in the installation issues I had on the Sprinter on Gen 3 article on the RepRap wiki. The issues I had were:

1. I had to comment out a line from arduino's own code to be able to build Sprinter
  2. I had to edit sanguino's boards.txt to change the upload serial speed, otherwise the upload never worked
November 03, 2012 09:50PM
Is the sprinter firmware better? Can you by chance link me your version of repsnapper? I would ljust like to get it to print anything at this point lol.
November 03, 2012 10:26PM
This is probably a noob question but how do u use github? It is not letting me see or download the sprinter firmware.
Hello JoJo,
Have you got your huxley working.
I have had mine a year and a half and just finally got back to it and now have it working correctly.
Maybe I can help if you are not running yet.
January 26, 2013 06:25PM
hello JoJo

i have a techzone hexley too, i would be willing to offer you what help i can too.

there not a bad machine once you get the bugs worked out, and a few other things done too.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
March 01, 2013 03:03AM
hello dissidence,

i am about to begin building my techzone huxley, would you mind if i ask you some questions along the way as well? i became kind of discouraged when i found out that these kits aren't too great. I started on the frame and will work this weekend to see how far i can get. also do you have any video or pictures of yours online? id like to see it.

thanks
March 05, 2013 10:25AM
sorry about the late reply, but most of the videos on my blog and youtube page are on my Huxley.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
March 07, 2013 09:10AM
Sure, feel free to ask any question travistaq.
We might be a bit long to reply sometimes but someone eventually will.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
March 24, 2013 09:29PM
awesome, I'll just post in the thread I created a little while ago. thanks a lot, no worries about the response time
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login