Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is Calgary alive

Posted by cdejan 
Is Calgary alive
August 26, 2014 09:46PM
hi all

I'm new to 3D printer assembly (hopefully 3D printing soon). Just ordered my first kit and when it arrived I started working on it.
I found that some electronics are either fried by luck of experience on my side or shipping damage or maybe both.
I was also looking for some Calgary based 3Ders and found this place which seems dead.
If I can do something to make it alive let me know. It would be nice to share some experience and info on what we can get in our city for this endless possibilities hobby.

Talk to you as soon as i get my stuff up and running
Re: Is Calgary alive
September 07, 2014 06:06PM
Hi cdejan,

Mind if I ask where you ordered your kit from? I'm looking at building a Prusa i3, but would like to source parts as locally a possible. After spending the afternoon at the Mini Maker Faire yesterday, I decided to take the plunge into 3D printing, and I've been interested in the RepRap approach for a couple of years now.

I'll be visiting the Calgary Protospace soon to see if I can get some support there.

Cheers
October 28, 2014 11:45PM
I built my i3 rework in about 3 weeks sourcing the parts from around the world. Let me know if you need a hand.
January 19, 2015 01:25PM
How did your i3 work out cdejan?

BTW - as far as I'm concerned Calgary is alive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2015 03:27PM by docdawning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login