Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

local filament source

Posted by revwarguy 
local filament source
November 22, 2013 10:18PM
Hi,

Today I bought some filament from a source very close to St. Louis Mills mall near I-270 and I-370.

It is kbellenterprises, who also sells on ebay here

Since his Ebay price includes shipping, I asked him if he would lower the price if I picked it up at his location. He said yes, as long as it was more than one at a time, so I visited and bought 4 reels of 1kg filament (2 ABS and 2 PLA) for $85. I bought 3.0mm black and white, but if you don't care about color, he said he would make a deal on some yellow.

He also said he would be happy to visit any group meetings we might have to show off what he carries.

Cheers,
Re: local filament source
January 02, 2014 05:59PM
Thank you for letting us know of the local filament source!

I work in the Hazelwood area and would like to make a similar purchase of several spools.

Do you have a phone number or specific address that can be used to contact someone at KBell Enterprises?
February 05, 2014 07:31PM
Microcenter in Brentwood is also carrying filament now.
February 07, 2014 04:48PM
There are plenty of good, and cheaper options out there.
Personally, I like Ultimaker, Toybuilderlabs, Makerbot, and Toner Plastics, all of them work great in my big machine (even with a bad thermister). Those are the more expensive ones and they are still cheaper and faster than ordering from Europe. I can almost guarantee you, these are the same or better quality.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login