Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reprap in Hong Kong?

Posted by jonasl 
Reprap in Hong Kong?
March 27, 2012 01:59AM
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum.

I am looking for a place in HK that sells reprap kits.
More specifically I am looking for a kit that can print 25cm x 25cm x 15cm if possible.

I cant write chinese so I cant search on the local forums.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks alot.

Jonas L
Re: Reprap in Hong Kong?
March 27, 2012 06:52AM
hi jonas,

you can search taobao for repraps.
[item.taobao.com]
March 28, 2012 05:32AM
hi Jonasl,

I am in Hong Kong too, the spec you are looking for falls more in the mendelmax side of things. you can see [mendelmax.com] for detail. I don't know any of local kit seller that does mendelmax(there really isn't that many local kit seller in HK), but i can help you source parts if you are interested.

this is my mendelmax [www.flickr.com].

tommyc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 05:33AM by tommyc.
March 28, 2012 06:52AM
Hi Tommy

Thanks for your input!
Yes, the MendelMax it is. Were you able to source any parts in HK? Woudnt be surprised if you could find some parts in Mong Kok besides the bearings, nuts and bolts I have bought there before
I am looking for the smooth rods now in 10mm. The other parts should be pretty straight forward, but if you have some good sources then please let me know.

Cheers

Jonas
March 28, 2012 09:58AM
Hi Jonas,

You can easily find 10mm linear rods in MK, LM8UU or LM10UU linear bearing are easily available too. I bought the extrusions, leadscrews and leadscrew nuts directly form misumi, you just need to send an email to their HK office and get someone to give you a quote. You will need to use a company to do it, they don't sell to individuals.

Are you starting form scratch or do you already have some components? any preference on hotend/extruder design? Also which electronic package are you planning to use?

Anyways, if you are interested, give me a call, i will PM you my phone number.

Regards,
tommyc
May 26, 2012 07:33AM
I am a teacher in Hong Kong and I am planning to team up with a few teachers from other schools and each of us will by a mendel parts kit. We will hopefully all get together at one of our schools over a weekend and try to put them together. It would be really helpful if we could find someone who has some experience putting these together to drop in on us at some point to offer us some guidance if we are running into trouble. Thoughts? I can be contacted at ben-at-teacherben-dot-com
June 02, 2012 07:31AM
You can contact Mr. Chris by visit [blog.sina.com.cn]
he sells a whole reprap parts to me and completed by two weeks ago.
The machine work properly now.
August 09, 2012 05:26AM
Hi Chris,

我是 Fred, 有興趣趣造一台Reprap Mendel, 可以給我相關的資料嗎? 請指教一下, thanks!

Fred
August 30, 2012 09:47PM

Buy it here if you cant read Chinese. Their language is English. They accept the payment with Visa, MasterCard, West Union, and so on. I have several experience with it and nothing wrong happens. Hope it can help you, and now it is $637.61, free shipping. Here is the item:
[www.buychina.com]
August 30, 2012 11:23PM
wow.. this looks antiqued..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2012 11:24PM by romscraj.
December 12, 2013 12:50AM
想問一下有關stepper motors, 用12 volt 电源,arduino+ramp 1.4+A4899 driver sticks, 步進电机應如何選擇,它們的电压,电流,电感,电阻,力度如何選擇?多謝高人指導?
January 13, 2014 08:07PM
57,42步进电机都可以,12v的电压都能用
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login