Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Slight off-topic] Ireland?

Posted by dslc 
[Slight off-topic] Ireland?
April 30, 2009 02:14PM
Hi,

Just wondering if there are any folk from Ireland who are interested in reprapping/fabbing? I'm in the south-east, and - although - I haven't made any progress in building a RepRap as of yet, I have been following the project for about 2 and a half years. I would be interested in hooking up with any reprappers if they are nearby.

I'm aware of the reprap map ( [tinyurl.com] ), but I haven't actually started building one yet (and don't want to give the impression that I have), so I haven't put myself on that map. (TThere's no one from Ireland on it yet).

david

P.S. Sorry if people don't like these sort of queries being posted here. I wasn't sure where to inquire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2009 02:14PM by dslc.
Re: [Slight off-topic] Ireland?
August 04, 2009 11:09AM
Well, I'm from Cork and very interested in a RepRap. If it were possible to buy an integrated "Kit" that included all the parts you need, I'd have done it long ago! I'd be interested in going halvsies with someone, considering that you could possibly replicate the machine to produce a few "child" repraps once you have a single one..
October 05, 2009 01:51PM
Hi Cathal,

Sorry I never got back to you about this until now. I've been busy with college. I'm still very interested in getting involved in this at some stage, but - at the moment - any time I have to spend on electronics is with less ambitious projects. And purchasing a ready-made reprap (or the parts for it) is probably out of my budget at the moment.

In the meantime (in case you're interested), I touted the idea of an Irish open-source hardware collective/organisation on boards.ie a few months ago (mentioning RepRap, amongst other projects) : [www.boards.ie] . Nothing has come of it as of yet, and I don't really expect huge interest, but - on the off-chance that it is something you're interested in - feel free to let me know (either here or via PM).

david
Emmett
October 06, 2009 08:51PM
How's things lads. I'm based in Dublin and only found out about reprap today. Would love to put one together but wouldn't know where to begin!
October 07, 2009 04:46AM
Hi Emmett. Although I'm usually based in Waterford, I'm studying in Dublin at the moment. If you want to get in touch at any stage, just send me a PM.
May 27, 2010 06:17AM
Would anyone of ye be interested in a RepRap user group in Ireland?
There might be sufficient interest here at this stage to make it worthwhile.
I think there have been a few other people from Ireland on the forums.

A forum of some sort might help to streamline our efforts, maybe share parts/tools/materials/etc..

Let me know.
September 19, 2010 07:26PM
Hi all I do realise this is an old thread.

Did anyone get started with this in Ireland

anyone interested still

Only known about reprap recently I would like to get started

E
October 22, 2010 10:17PM
dslc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would anyone of ye be interested in a RepRap user
> group in Ireland?
> There might be sufficient interest here at this
> stage to make it worthwhile.
> I think there have been a few other people from
> Ireland on the forums.
>
> A forum of some sort might help to streamline our
> efforts, maybe share parts/tools/materials/etc..
>
> Let me know.

I also think so.
November 13, 2010 12:36PM
It looks like the interest level hasn't reached a critical mass yet in Ireland. I'm sure we'll get there. It's a facinating topic. There must be someone on the island that has put one together?

I've been reading "RepRap" all week. I think it's time to hit the 'workshop' (a.k.a... the garage! smiling smiley ). It's a bit of a 'chicken & egg' situation thought. I did stumble on the "WolfStrap" design today (http://www.reprap.org/wiki/WolfStrap-English) which is much more within the capabilities of my resources and amature skill level. I'll just have to put the electronics on my Christmas list had hope for the best! smiling smiley

If there is anyone in the Munster area that has ventured into RepRap world then be sure to shout.
July 06, 2011 02:56PM
I will quite possibly begin ordering parts for a Prusa Mendel over the next week or so. I'm probably going to order them in bits and pieces - so I can reevaluate my budget regularly while I'm getting started.

My time will probably be divided between Dublin and Waterford over the rest of the summer (until about mid september) - so I don't know where I will actually be building it yet.

I would be willing to cooperate in some shape or form with one or two others on this project, so if anyone in either Dublin or Waterford is interested let me know.

I might start a separate thread once I get the ball rolling,
amk
July 06, 2011 03:10PM
Hi dslc,

I'm up in Leitrim. I built a plywood repstrap earlier this year which then printed a Prusa (i shifted the electronics etc over to that then) which i've been running for a few months. Anyway sure PM me if I can be of any help to you.

amk
December 28, 2011 03:21AM
There might be sufficient interest here at this stage to make it worthwhile.
I think there have been a few other people from Ireland on the forums.

High School Diploma
January 05, 2012 03:37AM
Hello All

I have spent the last four months gathering the parts to build a printer, and I am now about to start building.

Any advise I can get would be great and I have sourced most of the vitamins at this stage, so if any body needs help with that ..

Regards

Kevin
January 07, 2012 06:23PM
Heya lads. just got my orca kit 2 days ago... now in the fever to bring it together.
I'm based close to Cork.
Cheers
whitewolf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login