Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An attempt to investigate extrusion system pressure

Posted by deckingman 
An attempt to investigate extrusion system pressure
January 16, 2018 02:48PM
I've just completed at bit of an investigation to try and get a better understanding of how pressure builds up in the extrusion system, the effect that has on print quality and what we can do about it. Some of you, may find some of it, of some interest......

It's a bit extreme in places so if nothing else, you can witness 4 kg of mass being thrown around to print at up to 300mm\sec by using three E3D Titans feeding the three melt chambers of a 3 colour Diamond hot end. (Actually there are 5 Titans being thrown around but only 3 were used for these tests - I might repeat with the 5 colour version at some time).

Blog post and associated video can be found here. [somei3deas.wordpress.com]

Warning. You'll need about half an hour to read it all and view the associated video clips - best viewed on a computer rather than a 'phone.

Ian

[somei3deas.wordpress.com]
[www.youtube.com]
VDX
Re: An attempt to investigate extrusion system pressure
January 16, 2018 03:45PM
Hi Ian,

do you have some interest in "pressure-free" filament printing processes?

Was working around and testing some related ideas the last years ... and will start sort of comercial development with one of the methodes this year, so not all will be OS ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 16, 2018 04:48PM
VDX
Hi Ian,

do you have some interest in "pressure-free" filament printing processes?

Was working around and testing some related ideas the last years ... and will start sort of comercial development with one of the methodes this year, so not all will be OS ...

Hi Viktor,

I'm not sure that I understand the question. For sure I am interested in anything 3D printer related, including "pressure free" filament printing processes. What did have in mind? Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Ian

[somei3deas.wordpress.com]
[www.youtube.com]
VDX
January 16, 2018 06:49PM
... PM sent ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 17, 2018 03:21AM
I recently checked the "retract on layer change"-box in my slic3r and the result was a ringing pattern after a layer change. It seems to me, the Bowden tube creates the ringing...
January 17, 2018 11:37AM
This might interest you as well

[airtripper.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login