Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Metal corners for delta printers - alu profiles 30x30mm - EU

Posted by boylucky 
Metal corners for delta printers - alu profiles 30x30mm - EU
October 16, 2017 02:36AM
Hi all,

first of all I would like to ask you for your experience with metal corners for delta printers in comparison with the printed ones.

Then I would like to ask you if you would have interest in alu metal corners for delta printers for profiles 30x30mm (image of profile in attachment here). I am currently in discussion with one company which could made the corners. It would be definitely cheaper if more pieces would be requested from them. That is why I would like to ask you if you would have interest in it too. With the corners I could also arrage the profiles of any length for you and send it within EU. The corners design is still under discusion and developement.
Attachments:
open | download - profile.jpg (7.9 KB)
Re: Metal corners for delta printers - alu profiles 30x30mm - EU
October 16, 2017 03:30AM
In my experience, metal corners for Kossel-type delta printers are definitely worth using. When I was using printed ABS ones, I couldn't get the towers parallel to each other and perpendicular to the lower frame, which made calibration difficult.

I've used 2020 extrusion in the past and I now use 2040 extrusion. Whether 3030 would be any better or worse than 2040, I don't know.

You can buy aluminium corners for 3030 extrusion from Robotdigg, see [www.robotdigg.com]. So you would need to offer a better price than they do to get many orders.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 16, 2017 09:45AM
IMHO it doesn't make much sense in trying to copy chinese hardware. ( usually it is the other way round, but not this time )
It would make sense to order small parts, like the corners and carriers, from them and resell it as a kit in EU. Shipping aluminum extrusions and other long parts is too expensive from china. ( only exceptions are linear rails )
October 16, 2017 10:34AM
Hi!

In my experience with 30x30 extruded aluminium profiles it is better to use steel 3 or 4mm thick corners. It is easy to make with laser or plasma cutter with very good accuracy,also it is automatically gives you parallels and 90 degrees angles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2017 10:35AM by rarprint.
October 17, 2017 09:47AM
Thank you all for your comments. I will try the robotdigg products.
October 17, 2017 02:09PM
I've recently rebuilt my Delta with these [www.aliexpress.com]

I'm very happy with the rigidity they introduced.

It seems to me that these could be simplified into a straightforward extrusion.
October 17, 2017 03:34PM
Those look just like the Robotdigg ones. I expect both are made by the same company.

I can recommend the Robotdigg 440C linear rails too, they are listed in the BoM of my precision Kossel design - see link in my signature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2017 03:36PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login