Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

C++ editor

Posted by doodady 
C++ editor
February 02, 2017 10:18AM
I am not a developer but I did read this:
Developers
If you're reading this, you're a developer. Please join: [lists.reprap.orgsmiling bouncing smiley

I have completed quite a bit of firmware customization and upgrading to my printer and so-far seems to be doing pretty well.

Lately I have been dabbling into the c++ things and would like to make a few changes.

I don't see myself taking up programing so I am not really interested in a paid editor program but something more along the lines of just being able to change a few lines in a c++ file.

What are your recommendations?
VDX
Re: C++ editor
February 02, 2017 10:51AM
... for editing only a "syntax-highlighting editor" like Notepad++ is usefull ... otherwise one of the free IDE's like Eclipse ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 02, 2017 11:59AM
Check the atom editor. One of the most versatile and powerful editors out there.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
February 02, 2017 06:19PM
Thanks a bunch!!!
February 03, 2017 10:33AM
emacs and vim are perennial favorites of programmers, but both will take some effort to learn.
February 03, 2017 10:50AM
Geany is very user-friendly, and available on Windows and Linux. It will recognise C++ (and many other languages) and highlight key words, auto-indent (if you want) and all sorts of other stuff. Depending on your operating system and compiler it can also compile from within the editor and report errors.
March 19, 2017 05:14AM
Try visual studio code, from Microsoft. Yes, Microsoft. It is, IMO, the best programmers editor on any platform (it's on Mac, Linux and windows)

First class git support, syntax highlighting for any language you can think of (including even openscad), regex search and replace, and so on.

It really is good, and I is free.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login