Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there someone to code something for me , thks smiling smiley

Posted by studiodyne 
Is there someone to code something for me , thks smiling smiley
January 29, 2017 05:12PM
EASY ! Promise

It's a configuration swap menu item .... I explain

It's just to have CYCLOPS/CHIMERA/DIAMOND all in one firmware ... Why ?

Case 1 : If you are in Cyclops Firm , impossible to change the carrier with CHIMERA , the second heater is not active and impossible to load/unload or use the left without changing THE FIRMWARE
Case 2 : If you are in Chimera Firm , impossible to change the carrier without refirm the board , the second motors wait the temps that will never up
Case 3 : Diamonds hotends , same problem

The solution

Add VARIABLES to replace the ' DEFINED heaters and sensors , not the FIRST because always the same '
Add VARIABLES to replace the ' DEFINED extruders hotends OFFSET'
add MENU ITEM for each personnal configuration, defined on the firmware

Ex :
Prepare menu -> Carrier_Config ---> CHIMERA
--->CYCLOPS
----> DIAMONDS
----->custom other config

In the firmware i will enter my parameters , ex
for chimera , i will set the Number of extruders 2, pins for heater 1 + 2 , sensors 1 + 2 , and the extruders offsets
For cyclops , i trick , i will set Number of extruder 2 , pins heaters and sensors the same , offset to zero
For diamonds i trick , 3 extruders , but same heaters , same pins

To program this , i have to put variable to replace the ' #define Heaters .... ' , but , i don't know where to make declaration , i always have a compilation message , and i'm not enough experimented , to put the last config variable datas in the EEPROM storing/ reading process

Is there someone , to help me to code it , where to put the declaration or the way to give an issue to this

For the moment , i only use chimera/cyclops , and i put the 2 resistors ' heaters ' inside the cyclops ' 2 x40 watts' , very power full , i use the 2 sensors too in the same hotend , it's perfect , but , i need a software solution
I don't want computer close to the machines to refirm , i don't want a computer to use gcode instructions , i don't want to trick the slicer with instruction everywhere
I JUST ONE TO SWITCH FOR EACH CARRIER and i just want my printer and my sdcard , it's all

Thk you very much , for all that have read all

Steeve
i know c++ language , but i don't know the rules and the way of programming , i can read and modify , but for the moment , my knowledge too poor , to create , to make a program

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2017 05:19PM by studiodyne.
Re: Is there someone to code something for me , thks smiling smiley
January 29, 2017 10:59PM
Why not get decent 32-bit electronics with firmware that you can reconfigure without having to recompile and re-upload it every time you want to change something? With RepRapFirmware you can easily do what you want in a gcode macro file, that you can select from the web interface or the touch panel.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 30, 2017 01:04AM
What dc42 said...
and you can even do most ( if not all ) of the config stuff in the startcode of the slic3r. Just create different printer models there and select the type you actually have installed.
January 30, 2017 01:22AM
Because i'm just a beginner in marlin open source , i only used a creator pro , now , i've buy a 400x400 chinese low cost printer and i can do all i want , i just have to increase my skills in c++
And because i don't know what you are talking about ..... 32 bits board ? Decent REPRAP firm ?? i don't know that exist
I will search information , but if you have some links to understand what is this , it's perfect

Thks
January 30, 2017 01:42AM
Are you talking about the SmoothieBoard and the smoothie 32bits Openfirm ?
January 30, 2017 02:51AM
I was talking about the open source RepRapFirmware, which runs on Duet and RADDS hardware. All the configuration is done by reading a gcode file at startup, and you can use gcode macro files to reconfigure the machine after startup. See [reprap.org] and the Firmware Configuration section of [duet3d.com].

I know that Smoothieware also reads the configuration from a file on the SD card at startup, but I don't know whether you can change the machine configuration without editing the configuration file and rebooting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2017 03:03AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 31, 2017 06:52AM
i've read all about the network control , and i don't see ' PUSH NOTIFICATIONS' , because , the connectivity with a printer , is for me , to send alarm message to me with a push notifications on my phone app or a distant computer when problems or pausing mode

Do i make a mistake , or it's true , the actual firmware have no implementation of pushed message , and no phone dedicated app
Change parameters or modifiy something , can not be done with a distant machine , i start the print , i verify the extrusion temp , the speed , the retract , i adjust if need , and , i leave the machine . Web interface is just needed to have the ' time remaining ' , pushed notifications if problems

It's a shame to have connectivity , powerfull board and all essentials missing

Thks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 07:40AM by studiodyne.
April 08, 2017 03:33PM
>i've buy a 400x400 chinese low cost printer and i can do all i want<
Please link Chinese printer for better feedback. Afaik, most the clones from China use the 'open-source' firmware/software because: it's free, actively contributed to by people for free, and most importantly...it's free.

That being said, the beauty of the Arduino Mega [www.arduino.cc] , or the Smoothie board [smoothieware.org] is they are open-source.

Many people will add a RasberryPi to their printer and use something like Octoprint [octoprint.org] for web connection.

Instructions unclear: credit card stuck in floppy drive, content not downloading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2017 03:40PM by VonRansak.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login