Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin and LCD Controller - Adding Options

Posted by SJMaybury 
Marlin and LCD Controller - Adding Options
April 25, 2016 11:58AM
Hi,
So I'm working on a foldable 3D printer and all the physical side is going well and looking good. However my question is (being someone with limited programming experience); How do I add an LCD menu option for a custom homing position to close the printer?
I need to move the X, Y and Z axis to certain coordinates to allow the printer to fold. Preferably I'd like to scroll to an option saying something like "CLOSE PRINTER" and click and it'll simply move to the relevant coordinates.
As I've very little understanding of the greater working principles of complex programs I'd really appreciate the help of anyone who can guide me through the process.
Thanks!
Re: Marlin and LCD Controller - Adding Options
April 26, 2016 02:42PM
I don't know how to create a menu in the LCD, but for the final homing position and the "CLOSE PRINTER" display can be done easily with your G-Code end script.

just look for the G-Code commands in the wiki and add it to your end script.

Good luck
April 29, 2016 02:27PM
Hi,
Thanks! That would actually be a good idea anyway, should work for all instances except an emergency stop.
April 30, 2016 07:32PM
Check out the following...I added a few LCD menu's extra's for my CoreXY machine. Also if you are using Pronterface you can add about 6 custom menu buttons for things like this.

[forums.reprap.org]
May 01, 2016 05:15AM
That looks quite helpful, thanks! That's in the ultralcd library, I see. Excuse the n00b but I'd have to find the RepRapDiscount full graphic library to edit or does that screen also use the ultralcd?
May 03, 2016 03:26AM
I think that the ReprapDiscount full graphic would use the same. If using a the very latest firmware I think it has changed to ultralcd.cpp

You may need to play around and try adding some menus there.

I am hoping to update my firmware soon to see if a bug has been fixed when auto homing two z axis stepper motors. However due to a number of custom changes I use, its something that I am waiting for a week of rainy days

Cheers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login