Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

linear ultasonic motor

Posted by syed 
linear ultasonic motor
February 18, 2016 01:28PM
i was shocked when i came to know about this actutor, becouse of the less weightage and due to its less size that can easily fit on ur fingure tip. which is not the option in the electromagnetic motor. So i decided to do my mtech project on it, infac my college mates were also excited to know more about me. til now what i came to know about it is
1) it has less weightage
2) its overall size is less
3) and it has more starting torque compare to dc brushless motor

now my curiosity is to know that, in which application we can replace the electomagnetic motor by linear ultasonic motor??
please help me in this guyssad smiley
VDX
Re: linear ultasonic motor
February 18, 2016 04:37PM
... compare the price for motors and drivers eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 20, 2016 01:19AM
i just wana know where we can replays electromagnetic motors with piezo actuator????
February 20, 2016 06:42AM
I'm waiting for antigravity stuff, myself. Now that we know gravitational waves exist, it's just a matter of time until we figure out how to manipulate them to position an extruder carriage. winking smiley

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
VDX
February 20, 2016 10:01AM
... for the replacement of common motors with US drives you can check the history of Elliptec - [www.elliptec.com]

(here a typical sample datasheet - [www.elliptec.com])

They tried to bring 'cheap' US drives to the market - their target price was around $60 with drivers ... later maybe cheaper ...

The motors can be really precise (sub-micron steps), but only with an appropriate position measurement system.

So they only get some hold in scientific tools and demonstrators, where they were superseded by the much more precise (and expensive) US drives from PI.

I've used (and using) the PiezoLeg-US-drives from Piezomotor - [www.piezomotor.com]

They were then (2003) around 400€ each with driver, actually more like 500€ ...

... so give yourself a tip for the 'usability' in the DIY-area, where a smaller DC-motor for 3€ can do nearly the same eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2016 10:03AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login