Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DC42 acceleration m906 confusion!

Posted by D9ve 
DC42 acceleration m906 confusion!
January 26, 2016 08:40AM
Hi DC, is there a bug or am I confused!

is this the correct order that the digit pots should be connected to the extruder..

if i use it this way it works fine for me...

M906 X700 Y700 Z700 E700:0:1200:1000:400:0
----------------------------------extr-NA-Alpha-Beta-Gamma--NA
which gives------------------E0--E1--E2-----E5----E3--E4

but when setting the steps per mm i get it like this (now this is the same as the ports when mapping the drive direction, and to some extent the wiring diagram on the duet!)

M92 E107:1:83:9:1:18 ; Extruder steps/mm EXT : NA : Alpha : GAMMA : NA : beta step/degree

M569 P0 S0 ; X Drive 0 goes forwards
M569 P1 S1 ; Y Drive 1 goes forwards
M569 P2 S1 ; Z Drive 2
M569 P3 S0 ; Extruder 1 E0 D0 E0A Drive 3 goes forwards
M569 P4 S1 ; NOT IN USE E1 D1 E1A Drive 4 goes forwards
M569 P5 S0 ; ALPHA B E2 D2 E2B Drive 5 FACE GOES CC
M569 P6 S0 ; GAMMA C E3 D3 E3B Drive 6 TOP CC
M569 P7 S1 ; NOT IN USE E4 D4 E4B Drive 7
M569 P8 S0 ; BETA A E5 D5 E1B Drive 8 FACE GOES CC

there seem to be a lack of consistancy between the duet.. and the firmwares!!!!!

Thank for your clarification
Re: DC42 acceleration m906 confusion!
January 26, 2016 12:09PM
Hi Dave,

I will assume you are running a recent version of my firmware, either 1.09m-dc42 or 1.09r-dc42. Please upgrade and re-test if you are running an older version.

As far as I am aware, both digipots and M569 or M92 commands number the extruders on the DueX4 sequentially along the edge of the board. However, I haven't actually connected a DueX4 to a Duet 0.8.5 so it is possible that there is a bug somewhere. I took the changes for the Duet 0.8.5 from Think3DPrint3D and merged them into my fork. I'll liaise with them and see if they can either send me more kit for testing or verify and clarify the order of extruders on the X4.

One thing for you to check is that the firmware has correctly identified whether your Duet is a 0.6 or a 0.8.5. If it hasn't then the motor current adjustments will be shifted by one extruder. Send M115 to see what Duet version the firmware thinks you have.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 27, 2016 09:54AM
Oh I was unaware... I am using version 1.09k-dc42 recommended by your self a few months back! I will check the changes, are you aware that the wiki page has errors for the wiring diagram.?

think3dprint3d: I can only seem to find a blog for think3dprint3d, if I'm honest it's not very easy to pinpoint specifics that I am looking for.

Would you mind linking to the latest revision, plus changes. I do not want to make a mistake like I obliviously have done in the past?

The good news is that I have a a successfully running 6DOF 3D printer using your firmware, and I can now slice a single layer using 5 DOF at a time. I have a lot of work to do if a am to continue with my slicer, and software mind....

Thanks David,

Regards

Dave
January 27, 2016 03:13PM
T3P3 published wiring diagrams for the Duet 0.8.5 on the Duet wiki page.

To find my 1.09m release, look for the topic of that name in the Firmware Mainstream forum for download instructions. I'm using a smartphone so posting a direct link here is complicated. Also update your /www files on the SD card. You can keep your files in /sys.

Let me know if you do find a problem with the order of heaters and extruders on the X4. With a Duet 0.8.5, they should be numbered sequentally along the edge of the X4 from H3 through H6 and from D2 through D5. Except H6 may not be available because I think that PWM channel is used for the second controllable fan.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 01, 2016 05:36AM
Hi,

Thank you, I will as soon as I get a chance, I have been informed I must concentrate on my documentation. I will upgrade the firmware and test after 12th feb.

It the duet wiki it's self that has an error will the wiring (easy to spot, but brings confusion especially due to the font on the silk screen layers), I will inform Tony from T3DP3D.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login